Main Menu

Open Roll Call - Anything but Markleeville 06/27 and/or 06/28

Started by GreenMachine, June 22, 2015, 07:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

I agree on the cooling vest,  when its 90+ sure makes a world of difference.  
Live long and prosper \V/

flamecrow

Did this one yesterday. Yosemite was pretty to ride through and for pics, $15 to get in. Sonora had nice twisties but on the way back down it rained on us.

Nearly got stuck due to crash south of Gardnerville but we took the right shoulder all the way to the front and only had to wait 10 minutes ;p

Tahoebrian5

Nice job! Too bad there is a fire, you coulda done ebbets and monitor while you were at it
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

RichVee4

Nice trip flamecrow, long ride!!   That trip is on my todo list,  I've done Tioga but not Sonora.   Get much smoke down by Topaz from the fire?

dub

Quote from: RichVee4 on June 29, 2015, 06:40:04 PMThat trip is on my todo list,  I've done Tioga but not Sonora.

Whaaa?! Never on Sonora? We'll have to fix that soon. Monitor/Ebbets/Sonora loop is one of my favorite rides. We call it the 3 passes.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

Last Sept Sonora was in my sights until we encountered an early storm and started to have snow flurries crossing Tioga Pass and by the time we got to Sonora it was closed due to snow.  Just my luck, but anything is possible in the Sierras.    I guess should plan some more trips this fall so we can have a winter this year.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019