Main Menu

Open Roll Call - Anything but Markleeville 06/27 and/or 06/28

Started by GreenMachine, June 22, 2015, 07:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

No planned ride this weekend due to road closure on Monitor Pass & hwy 4.

Therefore, you are encouraged to invent your own ride if you'd like others to join in.  How about a simple ride up to VC to get a nice ride in before the heat?  Sounds inviting.  Something like that.

I may not be able to join this weekend's ride.  Ride safe everyone!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Phreak9i6

I'm considering going to CA and riding HWY1 for the weekend, anyone interested?
The Stable:
2015 Ducati Panigale 899
2014 Kawasaki Ninja 300
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

GreenMachine

Ambitious destination!  8) 

I won't be able to attend, but for those who might be considering a coast run up hwy 1, whereabouts are you thinking? 

Three of us took in the coast last weekend on the SSA Solstice ride and the temperatures upon our return weren't as bad as we would have thought.  Of course, we ended up coming back hours later than anticipated, but taking in the cool ocean breezes and remaining on the coast for as long as possible was the goal.  I understand this weekend's temps here and in the central valley will be slightly hotter, so I'd advise anyone going to carry drinking water. 

Good luck on your ride!  It should be fun.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RenoRider75

EDIT:  We'll be watching the weather as Sunday approaches.  I'm not super keen on riding in a thunderstorm.  :)

Sara and I will be climbing up Mt. Rose on Saturday, but then riding to Sacramento on Sunday to get some new riding shoes at Cycle Gear.  Stupid puppies and their need to eat shoes...   :doggy

Probably going down on 80 (want to get there fast/early before it gets too hot) and coming back home on 50.  Anyone who wants to join in is welcome.   :D

Tahoebrian5

I'm considering going out somewhere tomorrow. I had to cancel my track day tomorrow because having engine problems with the track bike. Anyone? Bueler?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

Cool, I think I will show up as well. Are you meeting them at the hwy 89/hwy80 off ramp?

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Tahoebrian5

Well, apparently I can't remember my nsc password. Are you doing the green return route?

Bigcat

TB and Wiles. I'm planning to make this. I will probably turn back at Downieville but am looking forward to seeing you two. It' been way too long. TB, the plan is usually to leave at 9:00 right after the group photo. If your not there we'll look for you by the roundabout. See you guys in the morning.

dub

No, for this one I'll leave at the crack of dawn and meet at the Sparks Starbucks at 8. There's always people there I haven't seen in a while so it's good to chat. Also we take a group photo that James sends to John's family.

Yes, the full WWS/Ice House loop.

Tahoebrian5

Quote from: Bigcat on June 27, 2015, 09:32:57 PM
TB and Wiles. I'm planning to make this. I will probably turn back at Downieville but am looking forward to seeing you two. It' been way too long. TB, the plan is usually to leave at 9:00 right after the group photo. If your not there we'll look for you by the roundabout. See you guys in the morning.

BC! Awesome!
Alright, I'll see you guys in the morn at the pyramid SBucks and try not to drink too much coffee

nvgixxer

Well shucks, had I not gone out riding all day yesterday (Sierraville to Graeagle and back via Mt. Rose), I'd be in for this one. Haven't seen you Bigcat in at least a year! I can remember years back making every one of these Memorial rides, great fun, good people.
Keep an eye to the sky kids, looks like thunder boomers might develop in the afternoon.

Jimbo  
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

dub

OMG, cooling vests are A-MAZ-ING! Why did it take me so long to a)buy one b)use the one I had bought?

Tahoebrian5

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on June 28, 2015, 07:12:25 PM
I agree, a bit clammy feeling but well worth it.

What were you wearing under it? A wicking, fast evap, tech baselayer (like under armour or the like) reduces the clammy feeling.