Main Menu

Miller motorsports to close

Started by Tahoebrian5, May 08, 2015, 10:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

Yes of course! Was not moving my eyes fast enough. So now looking ahead to next mark point quicker which helped a bunch. Also have a really bad habit of apexing too late. Was just getting it all sorted and then we got rained out in the afternoon. The CBR is feeling really good with the new ohlins and brembo MC. The Rick crew are all really fun. Had a blast.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Tahoebrian5

Quote from: dub on July 20, 2015, 01:10:33 PM
Im just quoting to get your attention.

Hey Dub, we need a race report! How'd the weekend go?

My day went okay. I've come to realize it really sucks trying to ride in A group without tire warmers. I really wanted to stay with you guys.. Or at least see if I could but caution took over and by the time my tires were hot you guys were long gone. I ended up switching to B group for the last few sessions because my Bruised ribs from my dirtbike crash were screaming going through the attitudes. Actually had quite a bit of fun in the slower group, for once it seemed like a safer group then A. I was just starting to make progress in the witchcraft turn. I started tricking myself by staying mid track which was less scary so I could stay in the gas past the bend. Then I started sneaking my line back to the edge bit by bit. Good times. My wallet is empty but my head is full of good memories and new skills.

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on July 27, 2015, 03:17:02 PMHey Dub, we need a race report! How'd the weekend go?

My day went okay. I've come to realize it really sucks trying to ride in A group without tire warmers. I really wanted to stay with you guys.. Or at least see if I could but caution took over and by the time my tires were hot you guys were long gone.

It was good; I'm working on a report. I got really shitty grid positions because I had no points, 3rd to last row row was my best spot. But, I still managed to work my way up to the front half of the pack.

Sorry we didn't ride together on Friday. I would normally hang back and ride with you at just a normal Thunderhill trackday, but I only had 7 sessions to learn the track and get up to race pace. I was mostly just after clear track.

Here's a killer shot Joe of 4theriders got on Saturday.

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

That's one of the coolest track pics I've seen.  Riding in formation.
Live long and prosper \V/

Tahoebrian5

That is a great shot. I talked to joe a bit on Wednesday. He's a reno local and might start doing some street rides. I'll give him a shout next time I'm in on a Sunday ride.

GreenMachine

TB5, are you going to Miller again?  After Sunday's ride we ran into Andrea.  I mentioned to him and Dragon about the track shutting down and they acted like it was a must to go.  Twist actually sounded positive about going if he could share the travel expense.

Hope your ribs heal up.  It's been a while since you've been on a group ride.  I don't miss you, but some others do.  :P
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Probly not going back this year. There is supposed to be an announcement sometime in the next month about the fate of Miller. I'm sure someone will keep it in operation. It's too awesome to turn into a correctional facility or Mormon cool aid compound.

I should be back in riding shape in a couple weeks.