Main Menu

Miller motorsports to close

Started by Tahoebrian5, May 08, 2015, 10:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

Dub, Rickdiculous is doing the day before on the 23rd. It's $500 to just ride the track (no instruction). I'm considering asking if they will let me split the day with someone (rider 1 does morn sesh, rider 2 does afternoon). Are you interested in splitting the day with me if I can work it out?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 12, 2015, 06:12:22 AM
I just signed up for July 24th, A group (better get my chops up!). Starting to see chatter about this on other forums. Better sign up soon!

No time like the present. I just signed up.

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 12, 2015, 08:00:19 AM
Dub, Rickdiculous is doing the day before on the 23rd. It's $500 to just ride the track (no instruction). I'm considering asking if they will let me split the day with someone (rider 1 does morn sesh, rider 2 does afternoon). Are you interested in splitting the day with me if I can work it out?

That is quite an excellent idea, actually. However, I don't think I can swing another $250 track day, plus the extra day off work. If I wasn't going to race that weekend, I would definitely do it, but my credit card is already going to be smoldering. I bet you could find someone else to go halfsies with you on that.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

Right on! Yes, it's going to be a costly trip. Well worth it though to ride one of the best tracks if not the best within reasonable driving radius of Reno.

I wish Salt Lake City would buy up the damn track and keep it going. Hell, I'd even convert to Mormon! Well... Maybe not. I'm willing to try polygamy if that helps though.

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 12, 2015, 02:25:35 PM
Right on! Yes, it's going to be a costly trip. Well worth it though to ride one of the best tracks if not the best within reasonable driving radius of Reno.

Well worth it, especially considering it could be my last chance.

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 12, 2015, 02:25:35 PMI wish Salt Lake City would buy up the damn track and keep it going. Hell, I'd even convert to Mormon! Well... Maybe not. I'm willing to try polygamy if that helps though.

According to this post, the county expressed their commitment to keep the track going after LHM vacates the lease. But of course they would say that, it's a lot of tourist dollars for them. Weather or not they can find someone to operate it is a different story.

https://www.facebook.com/BC49Racing/posts/930852473631667

If it does shut down, I'll sure be glad I did this trip. And if it doesn't, great, we'll go again sometime.

Tahoebrian5

What's your race schedule look like for the weekend?

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 13, 2015, 07:52:51 AM
What's your race schedule look like for the weekend?

I have absolutely no idea. I don't know much about it yet, it's a combined UtahSBA/WERA event, I don't really know what that means. I've never raced with either of those clubs. All I know is it's scheduled for that weekend and my AFM license is good to race with both USBA and WERA.

Tahoebrian5

Looks like Rickdiculous is fully booked that weekend. Bummer! I went ahead and signed up for the Rick school at T hill on October 27th and 28th. Very excited for that! It's expensive but I think you get so much for the money. Compared to other schools it's like 1/2.

dub

Quote from: dub on May 09, 2015, 11:28:47 PMI have this feeling we aren't the only ones with this idea and the remaining Apex Trackdays events are going to start filling up. I'm gonna book soon I think.

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on May 12, 2015, 06:12:22 AM
I just signed up for July 24th, A group (better get my chops up!). Starting to see chatter about this on other forums. Better sign up soon!

Well, we were both totally wrong about this. 4 days to go and there is still room in all groups.

Tahoebrian5

Hmm, that's funny. Being a race weekend also I would have thought the track would be jumping. I'm pretty darn excited. Packing up tonight and driving out tomorrow. Rickdiculous day on Wednesday, Thursday rest day, then perimeter course on Friday.

You see my message about the Ken Hill free clinic on Friday?

dub

I'm happy about it not being sold out; the more clear track I can get on Friday the better.

I did, that will be cool.

I'll hit you up on Friday morning so we can set up near each other.

RichVee4

You guys have fun, I'm jealous.
Live long and prosper \V/

Tahoebrian5

Quote from: dub on July 20, 2015, 01:10:33 PM
I'll hit you up on Friday morning so we can set up near each other.

I'll be a white Toyota tundra with a black / silver enclosed trailer.

Tahoebrian5

Slight change of plans, I ended up renting a day garage. Was only $50. I'll be set up in West Day Garage #18. If you get there before me, make yourself at home!

flamecrow

So jealous, have fun out there!

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on July 22, 2015, 05:58:06 PM
Slight change of plans, I ended up renting a day garage. Was only $50. I'll be set up in West Day Garage #18. If you get there before me, make yourself at home!

Alright, good to know where to find you.

Learn anything today?