Main Menu

**RFR NEWS FLASH** Reno Fernley Racetrack

Started by A DRAGON, November 11, 2009, 10:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Bay (BRA)

RenoRocket09

Well said Justino..EXCEPT... I am a little surprised and saddened at the lack of appreciation shown for Youngster...yes I am the "wife" and  most times I hear more than I say as I am an "observer" of people.....I generally keep my comments to myself ...BUT....but I really had to speak out on this one...our family  has had so much fricken fun with SSA..most all the people are awesome and great to hang with..most are true and honest with a huge amount of integrity, they do what they say... and we have been so proud to call you all our friends...Paul loves riding and racing..he was depressed for days when he found out RFR was to be shut down...I kid you not, this man was willing to pick up garbage, sling tires, sweep the track, move concrete walls, offer any and all vehicles he had to help reform the track to standards...anything just to keep it open,... Paul talks to ANYONE and EVERYONE about SSA, motorcycles, safety, RFR, the friends, he truly is the PROMOTER, he has spent hours talking to people, phone calls, emails, texts, countless ideas.. just to encourage getting RFR opened...to encourage the "big wigs" about all the possibilities of riding RFR...what the heck Justino... I am sad to see his name was not mentioned in the THANK YOU...I know he has made an impact with helping to get this track opened...Thanks Youngster775 for all you do for SSA, thanks for all the excitement and encouragement you give to others......even tho your position was voted and approved  (I remember, in a meeting) yet does not seem to be recognized as a true "Position"  agh!!!!!  YOU DO A GREAT JOB AS PROMOTER and being a part of SSA
Teach me to ride...teach me to speed..the throttle beneath my hand ...to be free... if only for a moment...

dr1150

I would like to say I Really Really Really appreciate all the hard work that everyone has put into this, and also the hard work
that YOUNGSTER did with the tires and ect.
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

n10sive

I will second that everyone appreciates Paul here. I do think it was an oversight as Justino and the board have been in a flurry of discussions this last week, and in all the emails, it has been between the Executive Board only. I am sure Justino is just so used to typing out the same emails, that is what he did here. Just went through his email list.

That said, Paul IS the SSA promotions director. This is something like a committee position, and not an executive position. So what he has been doing (as described by Kim)...is the job the members asked him to do. Quite well I might add too. So atta boy Paul, but don't feel slighted as nobody is discounting the work you have done...and continue to do. Your a good egg.

There are also a few other people that have helped behind the scenes too. Beth and Alan, Luke, Justin Masalka (sp), Steve and a few others that have provided input, moral support and a beer or two :)

This has been a great effort for the SSA...as a whole!

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

MotoPutz

I know I for one would like to express my appreciation for everyone that had dedicated both time and energy to getting our home track ready to ride and a negotiated deal with the track owners and operators.  This includes not only our own hard working SSA but those who spent time bolting tires together to make the track safe and ridable. Everyone involved deserves a hand!!!   Thank you all very much!!!

Justin

I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
Youngster is one of the most enthusiastic supporters of the track we have, and has done everything possible to get the track open.

com3

holy drama!  frankly, i don't care who does the work... i appreciate everyone equally.  :twofinger :shiteatinggrin

MotoPutz

Course A involves "the slide" which isn't such a good idea to run downhill on a bike. We usually run course C.

com3

Quote from: Putz on April 22, 2010, 01:46:36 PM
Course A involves "the slide" which isn't such a good idea to run downhill on a bike. We usually run course C.

or a good idea at all, considering there's only ~20ft of pavement seperating oncoming bikes... that makes both turns impact zones. 

Rick Bay (BRA)

Drama, Drama...

Thanks Paul! You're the strongest man ever.

I feel bad for not giving any help. I'm available to give my labor contribution to the Track on the weekends with still necessary. 

;)

bkrblood

i know im still new to the group and havent been able to go on any rides really yet but i want to thank everyone for all their hard work to make this possible. i have been looking foward to ridding on a track ever since my buddie let me take his bike out for the first time 4 years ago so im very anxious. if there is anything else i can do even if not major let me know. i cant wait to get some cash saved up and go out on a track for the first time and im sure it would be with everyone here at ssa! just ask anyone i know i dont shut up about this club and everything it offers. my hats off to everyone!
John Bovet

AFM937

For everyone who hasn't seen the track in a while.........I'm really concerned about the back straight (sunset). KC and I inspected the track April 8th to find the straight extremely bad. There are no longer bumps at the end.  They are waves now and that was at approx. 30 mph. Everything else was moreless the same with a few areas where the bumps grew a bit but definately rideable. Not on a race weekend. Fingers crossed that this can be sorted. I wanna ride RFR with you guys too.
SLAYING A DRAGON

just kidding peeps

99 900ss duc

Quote from: RenoRocket09 on April 22, 2010, 11:07:00 AM.Thanks Youngster775 for all you do for SSA

like in any battle, the generals get the credit for winning the war, and the soldiers just get shot

Justin

XXXXL
PM'd you my number
If you have an issue with me give me a call,
if you're having a bad day, that's cool too.
Either way, I'm sorry you're so upset.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: Justino on April 22, 2010, 12:28:50 PM
I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.
Youngster is one of the most enthusiastic supporters of the track we have, and has done everything possible to get the track open.

I concur, Paul is an up and coming, certified serious "SSA MOTORHEAD" (hey, there is a t-shirt idea!?) and the kind of enthusiasm he posses is rare and much welcomed. I know I speak for all of us on the board when I say :"great jobs Youngster and thanks for the effort". I wish you had a Ducati, I could definitely use some of that fire at the DesmoReno DOC club.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-