Main Menu

Thanks to Storey County Sheriff!!!!

Started by n10sive, January 17, 2009, 04:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

I have to give a big shout out and a thank you to the Storey County Sheriff doing his duty on Gieger Grade today. Dandelion and I were coming out of Virginia City down Gieger today when we got to the 'usual place' where the sheriffs sit and watch the road. We were not speeding excessively (50-55) in a 45, but he COULD have tagged us if he wanted. Instead, he flipped on his lights, pointed at his radar and waved at us. We slowed a bit more and did 'single speed' all the way down, then all the way back up (no need to hit high speeds today).

I hope this guy reads this board because he could have been an a-hole and gone after all the bikes out enjoying the weather today, but he did not. I thought that was cool. So thanks Deputy! You were a good guy today!

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

yzinger

Good to hear it! Always good to see a cop who uses his discretion wisely

z1rider

Quote from: yzinger on January 17, 2009, 05:46:46 PM
Good to hear it! Always good to see a cop who uses his discretion wisely
+1 go sheriff!

TedG

There are times that is all that is needed. A Sparks cop did that to me on Rock blvd. I have remembered that for years and I slow down there.
That is unusual for Storey county Sheriffs. Good on him.
2009 Concours 14 (ABS)
2005 Green ZX10 (the fast color) for sale
2018 Kawasaki H2

Justin

sometimes lessons are learned better through grace than force

mase

Good to hear it.  Not all of us are PIGS.
Sean Mason

nv919

My neighbor is a Deputy with Storey County. I have talked to him a few times and he seems really cool.  I was in Virginia City yesterday (sunday) and I saw a few bikes with the SSA stickers on them. It sure was a nice day for a ride unfortunatly I was in the car with the wife and kid.

Justin