Main Menu

WSBK - Pre-ride on Saturday 9:50AM, KSU 10AM. Casual C pace.

Started by GreenMachine, February 20, 2015, 08:05:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

RSVP so we know who to expect and whether we need to stick to the schedule are we can deviate.  If you don't RSVP, the ride may be canceled or the ride leader may not stop at the morning meet-up location.  We can depart as soon as those who RSVP arrive.

9:50 - 10:00 AM KickStandsUp, North Route.  Meet at *bucks.  Bring food.  We probably won't stop for food on this one, only because we can eat when we get back to Reno.

We'll need to stick to a schedule, so not much time down there before we'll need to head back.  It'll still be worth it though.  All the roads are paved, smooth, wide, and painted.  If we're headed back by 1:00 PM, that'll give enough time to put the bike up and head over to SL's WSBK viewing at 3:30 PM.

Oh yeah, I'm going there.  Don't expect excitement on this ride.  I did this last month too.  California is greening up and it's wonderful just to take it all in.  And yes, the cars will probably want to pass me and will, as I had happen to me last month.

So if you're a C pace rider or better, who can ride at least the speed limit, which will be 35, 45, 55, and 65 for cars, I think you're going to enjoy this one.  Bring a camera.  We can stop along the way for photo ops.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Mel

GreenMachine

:spank

Why?  We're getting off I-80 right there where you usually take your goat road road.  We can still meet up along the way, you go your way, we go ours.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

I'm game for another Feb street ride.     If for nothing else I want to see cars passing you.  See you in the morning.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

This will be good.  Can't guarantee I can go the distance, so if I cannot, one of you guys can take over.  I should be able to however.

RichVee4

I don't even know were we are going but looking forward to getting out together.  It sounds like we're headed over to CA so will dress warm for the ride over the hill.

GreenMachine

Truckee's forecast appears to be about the same as ours.  At 10:00 AM it'll be 45* here and the same by the time we make Truckee.  It'll only get warmer from there.

If there will be a windchill and you don't have hand warmers, you can take paper napkins, one for each glove.  Paper is an excellent dry insulator.  Used it many times when the air temps dip into the freezing territory.  Helps out a ton.

RichVee4

IF there will be a windchill, how slow are we doing??   

GreenMachine

If my hands get cold or if one of you guys slow to prevent getting too chilled, I'll probably slow down to 60 MPH or so, but I don't think it'll be an issue tomorrow.  If you have a bike riding waist belt or a thermal that should be more than enough.  Tuck in.  It'll be 60 by Gold Run.

I'm not worried at all about the cold.  It's just suppose to be windy.

GreenMachine

Probably something along the lines of this, over the Meadow Vista.  That's always peaceful.  And a run up or down 49 would be fun.  If I'm still in it by then and the group is into it, we might go out to MRR for a view before heading back.

map

GreenMachine

Rise and shine campers!  It's mid-February and there was a weather system that was coming in by tomorrow.  Undaunted, we're heading over to Cali before it arrives, but the new forecast shows that it has fizzled to nothing and today we'll have clear skies, sunshine and no winds.

Down some grub and suit up. 

RichVee4

Nice  ;D  Walked the dog and getting lunch ready.  Beautiful crisp morning.

RichVee4

Enjoyed our ride yesterday, thanks for putting it together.    A little chilly, 42, going over the hill but made the warm CA sun feel even better.  That is a wrap on Feb for me, 3 rides not bad. Looks like winter decided to return today!