Main Menu

World Superbike Round 1

Started by slmoto, February 19, 2015, 10:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

SBK round one at Phillips Island is this weekend, qualifying is airing at 3:30pm, race 1 starts at 4:30pm on Saturday 2/22.

I plan on watching at Shenanigans if anyone would like to join. 
:cheers
Shenanigan's Old English Pub
77 W Plumb Ln
Reno, NV 89509
United States

GreenMachine

Such detail on the address.  Sure glad you put that. 

Whenever I'd put the name into my old TomTom, it would come back with the one in Sacramento, 128 miles away.  Hey TomTom!  What about the one two miles away???  You piece of sh*t! ??? :D

Looking forward to it.  I'll be there.  Thx SL.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

I like how the wsbk season starts so early, in Feb. But then I hate how another month goes by before any more road racing happens. It's just like a teaser.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

slmoto

Quote from: dub on February 20, 2015, 09:50:04 AM
I like how the wsbk season starts so early, in Feb. But then I hate how another month goes by before any more road racing happens. It's just like a teaser.

Yeah, it'd be nice if they worked out the beginning of the season better with MotoGP so one or the other could fill the gap. They do better later in the season of not having races on the same weekends but I agree the start of the season is quite the teaser.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Sub-Sonic

Suzuki/Loews FTW.

If I have some energy, I'd like to show up for this..

RichVee4

We'll be there, hold three places for me and two ladies! Hope I can find it, United States?
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

Coo!  We can combine two tables.

Screw the other patrons! :moon

RichVee4

My guess at 4pm the bar is not too busy and don't think many people will come for the WSB.  99% of people wont know what your talking about.   Do they have food there??

GreenMachine

Yes,

and not all of it totally unhealthy.  Burgers, sandwiches, and salads, along with fries, wings and other stuff to cram into any available pie hole with money.

RichVee4

Great.  After the long ride earlier I will need some food to go with a few beers.  Don't think I can keep up with SL and you on the beers, from what I remember.

GreenMachine

Happy hour starts at 4:30.  Appetizers, including fried chicken strips & chkn quesadilla are 1/2 price.  Bud light on tap is half price too.

slmoto

Running a bit late, I'm on my way over now.

GreenMachine

A good night was had by all.  Thanks for putting this together SL!

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on February 21, 2015, 09:42:09 PM
A good night was had by all.  Thanks for putting this together SL!

Not problem, thanks to all that came out it as a good time indeed!