Main Menu

Winter Storage

Started by Mel, January 23, 2015, 09:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

I don't know why everyone doesn't own a Yamaha ;D! I went out to the garage to fire up my FZ6 after a 3 month down time, turned the key, and it fired up in about 3 seconds! You hear about guys hooking up battery tenders and all that sh*t when leaving the bike parked for extended periods, but not with a Yamaha LOL!! My FZ6 still has the original battery in it from 7 1/2 years ago 8)!

Mel

dub

My Yamaha does that too!

And my Triumph. And my Suzuki...

Seriously, motors are a lot better now than when you were my age. The gas is a lot better too. It doesn't gum up the carb/injectors after 3 months like it used to.

That is pretty impressive for the battery though. I do use a battery tender; I've had them die over the winter But that's because I buy the cheap Bike Master batteries. Keep it on the tender and even the cheap ones last for years.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

Impressive life on the battery in your FZ.  I have NOT been as impressed with the Shorai, $$$ lithium batteries.  Had one expire in under two years on wife's old bike and hoping mine makes it through the winter, only 1 yr old.  On our Dec ride I had to jump start it, but temps were below freezing so may do better once it warms up.  
Live long and prosper \V/