Main Menu

Let's hear it for DUB! (II)

Started by GreenMachine, January 21, 2015, 03:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Congratulations to Dub for eclipsing the 1,000 post wh*re barrier!

He's also the second most active current SSA forum member too, posting lots of colorful threads in the race section and elsewhere:

http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=4295.msg41085#msg41085
http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=4248.msg40412#msg40412
http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=4217.msg40020#msg40020

...to name a few. 

And he's also taken top honors for being second to only one other SSA rider to not only 'participate in' the lunacy that is the SSA Fecta Ride (all SSA group rides in one day), but also 'complete them.'

2013 SSA Fecta
2014 SSA Fecta

So good job on that aspect as well! 
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RichVee4

Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

There are two types of people on internet forums: Those who care about post count and those who don't.

I didn't aspire to make it to 1000 posts when I joined, it's just something that happens when you are active in the community long enough.

Thanks for the recognition none the less.

GreenMachine

What are your goals in 2015?  Riding-wise I mean.

Tahoebrian5

I thought for sure Dub won a race or something when I saw this thread. So Wiles, how long have you been training to get to 1000 posts?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on January 22, 2015, 06:55:52 PMWhat are your goals in 2015?  Riding-wise I mean.

Winter/Spring - Keep riding dirt bikes every weekend. I love it.
Spring/Summer - Race as many AFM rounds as I can afford and attend. Achieve top 10 finishes in my first year as an expert. A tall order in the highly competitive classes I will be racing. Coach at as many Precision Trackdays as I can attend. Do Sunday rides every week that I'm available, do an overnight NorCal coast trip.
-Stretch Goal: Take a road trip to race with another organization at a new track, omra @ PIR, wmrra @ The Ridge, UtahSBA @ Miller, or CVMA @ Chuckwalla.
Fall/Winter - Buy a KTM 300 for the winter 15/16 dirt riding season.

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on January 23, 2015, 09:02:46 AMSo Wiles, how long have you been training to get to 1000 posts?

lol. I use a dictation application so I can just speak my way to astronomical post counts.

RichVee4

That's my dry sense of humor talking.   Fact is I've learned more from dub on the forum than the other way around I'm sure.
Live long and prosper \V/