Main Menu

Geiger Grade Crash!

Started by Mel, January 19, 2015, 06:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

This has gotten me all confused.  After re-reading the KOLO story it sounds like the innocent rider died and the one who caused the crash lived.

Last year there was a young rider on a CBR-600RR or ZX-6R, can't remember, that either clipped a car as he was passing it or otherwise lost control after passing.  He also died.  That was during Spring too.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

All good reasons to stay off Geiger as much as possible. Obviously this could happen anywhere but it seems to me that people who are serious about riding typically want something better than VC so my argument is that more distant roads are safer because more effort is required to get there, effort that a casual Sunday rider will be hesitant to put forth. Geiger is just to close to the masses.. And the masses are dumb.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on January 23, 2015, 08:45:28 AM
All good reasons to stay off Geiger as much as possible. Obviously this could happen anywhere but it seems to me that people who are serious about riding typically want something better than VC so my argument is that more distant roads are safer because more effort is required to get there, effort that a casual Sunday rider will be hesitant to put forth. Geiger is just to close to the masses.. And the masses are dumb.

This is true and makes sense.

Geiger can have it's uses though, such as a mid week conditioning and 'sharpness maintaining' ride during summer evenings.

wills

I usually head up to VC every week for my BBQ "fix" and have lost count on those "stuck on stupid" I do remember one day last year as I was leaving the BBQ place a bunch of NHP motorcops on Harleys pull in for lunch. I asked them "how many times you scrape the floorboards getting up here"? They smiled...I just had to ask! ;D
Stop Global Whining!
2015 1200RS
2018 H2 SE
Old Sprint Back East