Main Menu

MotoGP Video Pass Special

Started by slmoto, January 17, 2015, 05:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slmoto

Just a heads up to anyone who normally purchases the MotoGP video pass or is considering it for next season. I just got a notice they are running a limited time special, don't know when it expires but right now it's only about $85 for the season. I think normally it's around $125.

https://secure.motogp.com/en/Subscribe?utm_source=motogp.com&utm_medium=banner&utm_content=Overlay&utm_campaign=2015_OffSeasonFidelity

GreenMachine

That's a really good deal, but I've already got a plan figured out.  If you get the ticket, I can come over and watch reruns at the cost of a 6-pack. 

I think it's extortion they charge so much, even $85, for Internet streaming of one single sport.  I know, I know.  It's only $85, but before you know it, you're spending $85 for every single sport you watch.  It's ridiculous!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on January 18, 2015, 09:47:20 AM
That's a really good deal, but I've already got a plan figured out.  If you get the ticket, I can come over and watch reruns at the cost of a 6-pack. 

I think it's extortion they charge so much, even $85, for Internet streaming of one single sport.  I know, I know.  It's only $85, but before you know it, you're spending $85 for every single sport you watch.  It's ridiculous!

Sounds like a good plan (for me), a six pack per race cost more than the pass. If you break it down per race (18 races), it's less than $5 per race. I was going to propose getting people together to watch the races when the time comes anyway. It was more fun to watch them with others at Shenanigans last season when the races happen to be at a semi-decent hour. I'd be happy to host the ones that don't make it on TV in the US.

There is a chance that this model of pay per sport could end up happening. I actually prefer it. I don't subscribe to cable tv because it's usually just a bunch of crap and if there is something I want to watch I have to watch it on their schedule. Instead I prefer HULU or Netflix where I can watch when I want. Either HBO or Showtime is going to be testing the model too of being able to subscribe to just that channel without having to purchase cable packages. I guess it could get pricey though, I have considered purchasing SBK as well so they do start to add up.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.