Main Menu

Sunday 60 degrees!

Started by Tahoebrian5, January 16, 2015, 08:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

It may be too early, but is it ever too early to mention full leathers?  Nah!  It's never too early for that. 

You know Rich has a new set and I bet in a few months he's going to be riding like TB5 and I, slow and safe.  You get that suit on, armored with those thick knee pucks and your mindset changes about contact with the road surface.  What once was to be avoided at all costs, is now your savior from cornering danger.

If everyone was like the HD guy at the Jerky Company today, you'd think we were overdressed.  "You guys don't mess around with gear do you?," looking at three guys at the table (us) all fully decked out.  I replied, "dress for the slide, not the ride."

No pressure though.  You're coming along great.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

slmoto

I'm aiming to be in full leathers next season. I've been piecing things together on cl, just recently got an Alpinestars leather jacket, I was wearing it today, I think the same as Rich and I've got some Sidi boots off cl as well both in pretty much new condition. All I have left is pants and full gauntlet gloves. I'll probably be stopping by Cycle Gear on my next trip to the Bay to try on pants that will zip to the jacket I got.

RichVee4

Quote from: GreenMachine on January 18, 2015, 09:16:04 PM
"dress for the slide, not the ride."

I like that quote.  For the typical Harley rider its more about the look than the function.  I agree Leathers are confidence inspiring but my knee has a long way to go before touchdown!!
Live long and prosper \V/

Tahoebrian5

Nice job SL! I feel much better about riding with people in proper gear. I've read a quote somewhere I liked... Went something like... When you crash you will be wearing the same thing you put on at the start of the ride.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

RichVee4

Quote from: slmoto on January 18, 2015, 09:31:29 PM
I'll probably be stopping by Cycle Gear on my next trip to the Bay to try on pants that will zip to the jacket I got.

From my experience and people I've talked with zipper style is specific to brand and size.   I was thinking it would be nice to have a vented textile jacket to go with my leather pants and found a good deal on a A* jacket.  Unfortunately even the same size jacket and same brand didn't match my pants, zipper was a couple inches shorter.  So even mixing leather and textile can be hard.   I'd suggest you call A* and ask what pants match your jacket.  
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

Quote from: RichVee4 on January 21, 2015, 05:34:23 PM
Quote from: slmoto on January 18, 2015, 09:31:29 PM
I'll probably be stopping by Cycle Gear on my next trip to the Bay to try on pants that will zip to the jacket I got.

From my experience and people I've talked with zipper style is specific to brand and size.   I was thinking it would be nice to have a vented textile jacket to go with my leather pants and found a good deal on a A* jacket.  Unfortunately even the same size jacket and same brand didn't match my pants, zipper was a couple inches shorter.  So even mixing leather and textile can be hard.   I'd suggest you call A* and ask what pants match your jacket.  

Good to know, thanks. I'll take my jacket with me and make sure they work together.