Main Menu

Sunday 60 degrees!

Started by Tahoebrian5, January 16, 2015, 08:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

I'm considering heading down to do mesquito ridge road on Sunday. Temps are lookinggood and need to run some gas through the CBR. I'm taking my daughter out to moonrocks on Saturday for a couple hours also if anyone is looking for an excuse to get on the dirt. She's very new though so will just be putting around.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Same destination? 

I'm not sure I should ride dirt just yet after turning my left hand to raw meat last weekend.  And I'm not sure I can swing a leg over the dirt bike without experimenting and further hurting myself, but still wondering time and place, just in case.

Sunday to Foresthill though sounds doable if I don't also ride Saturday with you & daughter...and hurt myself...again.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on January 16, 2015, 08:29:46 AM
...I'm taking my daughter out to moonrocks on Saturday for a couple hours also if anyone is looking for an excuse to get on the dirt. She's very new though so will just be putting around.
Don't go gentle!  Take her up to the singletracks like you did us.  For that matter, why not start her in Downieville.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Here's what the forecast for Sunday west of donner summit is looking like.   I drove over 80 from Sacto today and had light rain temp was 31.  Not actively snowing but ground had a dusting.  Car was all dirty from sand and salt, they brined the snot out of the road.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-120.47717&lat=39.31157#.VLmqWWd0y00
Live long and prosper \V/

Tahoebrian5

Ok maybe not as nice as my weather channel app made it out. Looks like my daughter is sick so I might just take the trials bike out and play around on the moon rock boulders today. I'm going to take another look at the weather later today and decide then about tomorrow

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Sub-Sonic

I'll be at Maverick at the bottom of Geiger at 11-11:15 today to run up to VC,, down to the truck route and then out to Monitor, if anyone wants to check out those roads.

Tahoebrian5

Sounds fun, I'll join you for the VC portion.

GreenMachine

SS and TB5 again?!!!  I remember all too well the last ride Mr. Piss and Mr. Vinegar were on (you choose who is whom).   :P

The forecast didn't pan out for Sacto.  Not even close to 70*.  Maybe next weekend.  By mid-week, I predict they'll forecast 80*.  Then I'll know it's safe to be at least 70.

GreenMachine

Thank goodness RR's turbo 900 is still in the shop.

Sub-Sonic

Good shake-out the cobwebs ride guys.

GreenMachine

:thumbup

Truckee turned into Lake Rollins, which turned into Lincoln.  It was fantastic over the hill!!  :banana2

The winds only picked up east of Truckee.  It is also colder initially once you reach Boreal, but by Kingvale its comfortable again.  I'd say mid-sixties, calm and awesome.  No traffic on those lonely Sierra roads.  Took in something close to 300 miles today. 

Hard to believe that with as warm as the overnight temps are that there's any snow left in the mountains, but it's up there.

GreenMachine

Gasoline in Rocklin is $2.17 for regular.

GreenMachine

Saw SL up on VC today too.  Poor Ducati rider.   SL was applying his newfound skills.   8)

slmoto

Quote from: GreenMachine on January 18, 2015, 05:17:31 PM
Saw SL up on VC today too.  Poor Ducati rider.   SL was applying his newfound skills.   8)

Yep, saw GM and TB as well. That was my friend behind me on the red CBR. Riding with you guys has help tremendously. When I first started riding I used to hardly be able to keep up with him. I wasn't even pushing it today, just trying to keep working on body position, and he was gone from my mirrors after a couple turns. Probably what it's like for you guys riding with me.

Quote from: GreenMachine on January 18, 2015, 05:14:46 PM
Took in something close to 300 miles today.
Figures. When I saw GM out there today I was thinking how is that guy going to only be doing VC, there had to be more! :crazy