Main Menu

Another SSA Sighting!

Started by Mel, December 17, 2014, 10:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Headed over early this morning to Carson City for a coffee and donut breakfast at the new Dunkin Donuts that just opened yesterday. My wife and I got our donuts and coffee and sat down when this tall, lanky, retired guy came over to say hi...it was Jimbo 8)! We chatted for a bit and when we were leaving I told him that I would be looking for his post for a ride he might put up for this weekend and he said "I may be tough, but not that tough" :)! Good to see you Jimbo!!

Mel

Sub-Sonic

mmmm Got Dunkin'

Did you guys ride your bikes there, like 'true grit' riders?

A dozen donuts should fit nicely in a tank bag...

GreenMachine

The last bunch of times I went from Reno to CC, I went via VC and the truck route or 6 Mile Canyon.   I cannot stand the boring straight shot freeway through Washoe Valley.  My tires need to maintain their shape. ;)!

I'm all too glad that the freeways are used by sissies in cars.   
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

That's kinda how I feel about goat roads GM! Let all the sissies ride their bikes on the smooth twisties :) :) :)!!

Mel

GreenMachine

Quote from: Mel on December 17, 2014, 03:37:54 PM
That's kinda how I feel about goat roads GM! Let all the sissies ride their bikes on the smooth twisties :) :) :)!!

Mel
Which begs the question: which way did you go to CC; the smooth twisties, like 6 Mile Canyon and VC truck route or the straight and boring freeway?   :-*
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

GM, actually had the wife and two pups with me, so we were in the van but took the scenic route on Old 395 through the ranches along the mountains ;)!

Mel

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

All ribbing aside, I would have given ol' Jimbo his own ribbing for not being a little more active on the forum, post riding season.  Everyone adds their own dynamic to the collectiveness of wisdom and fun.

Mel

Yeah, I kidded Jimbo about not being on the forums lately and he said he needed to check in as it had been awhile ;)!

Mel