Main Menu
  • Welcome to SSA Sierra Sportbike Association | Reno Nevada Motorcycle Trackday Weekend Riding Club.

New R1

Started by Tahoebrian5, November 03, 2014, 07:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

Check it out
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2014/Nov/14101103aa.htm

It looks like all the new sportbikes are pushing 200hp and crazy features. Still waiting to see what the new rsv4 looks like. Should be released from eicma in the next day or two
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

I think RG said he knows of someone getting one of the new supercharged Kawi's.  200+ hp in a sporting package would be fun to have.  I could probably double or triple the number of annual speeding tickets with it.

Imagine Sub-sonic on one?  :terrified
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

Good looking bikes all around
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

Sub-Sonic

6-7 new next generation electronic packages based on this 'six-axis Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU)' thingy. Add ERS (Ohlins electronic race suspension) for the 'M' model.   
Basically nothing to worry about except being able to make the corner at whatever speed the rider can handle it.
R1 16.5K msrp
R1M 22K msrp

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: GreenMachine on November 03, 2014, 07:50:14 PM

Imagine Sub-sonic on one?  :terrified

Just picked up a 'Sport tourer' (emphasizing the quotes) for next years long rides, so not sure if I'll be in the market for one, but the current R1 is for sale...

Tahoebrian5

What flavor did you get?

I still think the new beamer is the best pick for our kind of riding. 200hp plus active suspension, heated grips and cruise control. Add some bar risers and you've got the ultimate  hyper sport tour bike

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Mel

Tahoebrian5

Ok, well that includes those of us that like to stick with paved roads on their street machines :angel

Mel

Sub-Sonic

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on November 04, 2014, 06:55:01 AM
What flavor did you get?

It's not a new bike, it has 8K miles on it, so it will get some performance upgrades, like suspension, tires, brakes, geometry changes (shortened rake).

If I can get the 'old' R1 sold, that could provide a nice down payment for a '15 R1 or other bike.

Mel

That new R1 isn't the only game in town as Honda hasn't forgotten about you Honda boys ;)! Click on the little arrow for more views!

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/image/archive/14archive/streetrc213/RC213V-S_3.htm

Mel

Tahoebrian5

That looks to me that they just dressed up their motogp bike with some street stuff for the show.

GreenMachine

A goat road carver, this ain't.

:-\  As appealing as the red-white & blue color scheme is, I prefer the Repsol painted rims and layout.  Black rims are far less maintenance for any street bike, but colored ones just pop.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

More information on the bike.  Picture is the video intro preview with Jorge & Valentino.  The second version ridden by Jorge actually has some very useful settings that could make the bike more enjoyable to ride and to communicate with other group riders/passengers.