Main Menu

Motorcycle Industry Article

Started by RichVee4, October 07, 2014, 08:15:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Dub, you have to remember I'm old school and grew up in a whole different world than you. Whenever my wife and I go to Waikiki we will rent scooters and I never wear a helmet. I never used a helmet when I was a kid riding my bicycles or my Honda 50 on the street. You were raised and now live in a very PC safety world where everyone wants ABS, traction control, air vests, leathers, back braces, neck braces, and the fu*king list goes on and on :)! That's your world and I have no problem with that, but I have to be in charge of the risks I want to take and I just won't wear a helmet on a bicycle or scooter, and if it's time for my ticket to get punched, so be it cuz I had some serious fun in my life ;)! I want that air flowing through my hair when I'm on something that has a max speed of about 25mph, and sure maybe a car will take me out, but Jesus Christ I sure ain't gonna worry about it, that's for you youngsters to get ulcers over :) :)!! So in the end, I believe safety in the world has been taken over the edge and if I was worried about danger, I would just collect butterflies for a hobby...I still want some risk in life to keep my adrenalin happy :)! There really is no need to get in a pissing a match about this subject, because I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe and nothing will change either of our minds ;)!

Mel

GreenMachine

Quote from: Mel on October 08, 2014, 04:10:37 PM
...now [we] live in a very PC safety world where everyone wants ABS, traction control, air vests, leathers, back braces, neck braces, and the fu*king list goes on and on :)! That's your world and I have no problem with that, but I have to be in charge of the risks I want to take and I just won't wear a helmet on a bicycle or scooter, and if it's time for my ticket to get punched, so be it cuz I had some serious fun in my life ;)! I want that air flowing through my hair when I'm on something that has a max speed of about 25mph, and sure maybe a car will take me out, but Jesus Christ I sure ain't gonna worry about it, that's for you youngsters to get ulcers over :) :)!! So in the end, I believe safety in the world has been taken over the edge and if I wanted to worry about danger, I would just collect butterflies for a hobby...I still want some risk in life to keep my adrenalin happy :)! There really is no need to get in pissing a match about this subject, because I believe what I believe and you believe what you believe and nothing will change either of our minds ;)!

Mel
Some gold in them thar words.   :crackup

You always amaze me with how eloquently you can form an idea and follow through with it.  Not always, but when you put your mind to something, it is a true pleasure to read through to the end.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

Thanks GM...I think :)!

Talk about relevant to this topic, I was just watching the news tonight and saw a piece about a 9 year old school girl who fell out of her swing at the school playground and was killed. Now Washington state wants to ban swings from school yards...are you f*cking kidding me :|)!!!!!!!!!!

When I was in grammar school we used to have swing fights where you got going as fast and as high as you could, then would use body English to use your swing to knock your buddy out of his swing :)! We also did something we called backward bailouts when you were going backwards in the swing, you would flip your chair over your head at the top of your rise and bail out to the ground below. My buddy got his chair hung up on his head on one run and it flipped him around and he broke his arm when he hit the ground. He just shook it off and walked to the office and let them know what happened so they could call his parents, and no his parents didn't bitch about safety or sue the school system because they were smart enough to know that shit happens and it wasn't the school's fault. Sure we got cut up and beat up at times, but god damn was it fun being a kid back then :thumbup! When we were kids we actually had to use our imagination, played outside, and got to experience the real world, not staying inside all day playing computer games and becoming soft sissy boys :)

Mel

GreenMachine

We've kinda thread-jacked Rich's topic.  I'll carry on in the other PWg thread.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Speaking of WTF, a motorcycle that you wouldn't want.

Hello, I think you put the drivetrain on the wrong side!

Then again, it does have the old style handlebar that Mel loves.  Maybe the next bike for Mel's goat road excursions?

Mel

I would say it's more for you GM because it looks like you can drag knee with it :)!

Mel

RichVee4

I do appreciate the styling and design of that bike but would I buy one, no.    More artistic than function.   Interesting rider technique in the second pic.
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

It takes that kind of riding position or the rider who rides like that to want one of these bikes I think. :evil1