Main Menu

Roll Call - Downieville 09/28/14 9:30 AM start

Started by GreenMachine, September 22, 2014, 06:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

This is it, our last scheduled SSA ride.  And wouldn't you know it, I have other plans and therefore cannot make it.

RSVP* if you're interested in participating in this ride.  If you do not RSVP, the ride may be canceled even if you had planned on showing up the day of the ride.

All riders should have no issues riding this route.  Scenery is always beautiful and it's one of our shortest rides.  Temps and weather appear to be a little more moderate for this kind of ride, so it's a go if you are ready.  Maybe some unsettled weather on Saturday, so keep an eye on the weather to see what happens.

* RSVP - répondez, s'il vous plaît a.k.a. please reply.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GotCbr

I am seriously thinking about it.
Any other Carson riders game?

dub

I have to pack up the trailer and head out to Sears Point on Sunday afternoon for California Superbike School on Monday/Tuesday.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

GreenMachine

Which is...?

You signed up for a school, but you don't know what is going to be presented?  Seems a little out of step for you Dub.  ;)

dub

GreenMachine

:D  You're a lot of help.

After reading the course curriculum it sounds like you come out of it a better rider.  And you will improve. 

Why didn't I think of that?

GreenMachine

T-storms expected in Reno, high of 63°.  What happened to the forever summer?

Downieville shows 67° and partly cloudy for Sunday.

RichVee4

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 25, 2014, 08:13:19 PM
T-storms expected in Reno, high of 63°.  What happened to the forever summer?

The weather is crappy because Monica and I are leaving for a three day ride to Yosemite today, that's what happened to the summer.   We tried this trip in April and got snowed out and now this weekend snow again.   We are not planning any ride next weekend so expect summer to return then!! 
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

GreenMachine

Rich,

There are Webcams throughout the region if you want to check on current conditions.  I think Saturday will be the tricky day.

http://www.allyosemite.com/webcams/yosemite_falls.php

RichVee4

Ended up being a two day trip.  After riding Tioga east, we were planning to return west on Sonora and stay 2nd night in Placerville, but Sonora was closed due to snow.   Probably just as well, conditions were down right chilly so we cut it short.   I have to be really nice to Monica, she was a trooper for putting up with below freezing conditions.  Tioga was clean and dry, but had some snow flurries and lowest temp I saw was 30.  Hit rain later on 395 but "warmed" up to low 40's.

At least we had some sun while in Yosemite valley in the AM.  This was a VFR group ride so that's why so many VFR's :)

Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

So much for the rain forecast, huh?!  Yosemite is such a magically beautiful place.  So glad it was preserved as a national park.

It rained lightly from the I-80 inspection point to Cisco Grove.  Saw some HDs going up into it.  What a drag for them!

dub