Main Menu

Sun 9/21 11am - Short Ride and Lunch in Carson City

Started by RichVee4, September 19, 2014, 04:25:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Dub, I like your style...commitment with no wishy washy ;)!

Mel

288RR

Mel

Atta boy Daniel! You got the makings of a real motorcyclist ;)!

Mel

GreenMachine

I like all the tough talk from people that are staying in out of the weather.   :P
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Quote from: 288RR on September 21, 2014, 09:54:30 AM
If it rains. It's just a free bike wash

From the looks of your bike last ride a little rain would help clean some of the bugs off.

See you a little before 11!

Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

Mel

GM, I posted a couple days ago that I had a family BBQ that I had to go to. It would be ridiculous to think I am afraid of rain :)!

Mel

RichVee4

Quote from: 288RR on September 21, 2014, 10:00:08 AM
I'm game for anything.  

I guess be careful what you ask for.   We ended up taking Mt Rose to Tahoe.  Can say there is a 100% chance of rain in Incline :)  Rose was nice the top 1/3 is freshly paved, about 2-3 miles of road below that is ground down ready for pavement.  A little gravel but easy to avoid.  

Enjoyed a nice lunch in Carson then rode through VC on the return.  Smoke found us in Carson and followed us all the way home :(.  Traffic was light.  Got to see some horses along the road.

Fun trip and good company!

288RR

Thanks for the ride today,  I had a good time.  I'm a big fan of old reds now

GreenMachine

That's funny Rich, I saw those same horses by the side of the road.  I did my best to increase RPM and engine load as I went by.  They didn't budge.  The most they did was look, just to be sure I wasn't going to jump the guardrail.  A lot of traffic up there today.  Horse trailers mostly.  The truck route was deserted, so I just went slow.  ;)  Saw a tarantula crossing the road.  He/she didn't budge either.  I went back for a closer look, making a second pass on it, just be be sure I saw what I saw.  My first sighting of one in NV. 

BTW, those horses must have been on the road earlier.  I ran over one of their flattened pies.  It was still mushy and made the bike squirm a little as I went through it.  I could have avoided it, but I thought it was dry and of little consequence.  It wasn't there on my return route.  Maybe I cut it in half. :dunno

Glad you guys were able to get together for a more brief ride.  An out and back was all I had time for after waiting out the rain.  What did you guys have at Red's?

RichVee4

The horses, about 8, were on the VC side of the summit about 1/2 way to town.  And like you saw, just on the other side of the guard rail along the road.  I did see some "evidence" they had been on the road,  one pile was at the exit of a corner if you were headed into VC.   Wouldn't want to hit that if you were leaned over!! 

I had a bratwurst sandwich with an Anchor Steam.  Beer was excellent, sandwich pretty good.  Monica had the brisket sandwich, always a good choice.  The atmosphere at Reds is so cool, we got there about 1215 and wasn't very busy but was about full when we left.

GreenMachine

That's the one I squirmed through coming out of the left-hander.

That's making my mouth water.  What's for dinner?  I want something good like that!

RichVee4

Working on a specialty of mine,  Penne alla vodka w/pancetta.  Bring the wine and I have plenty of food!

288RR

Quote from: RichVee4 on September 21, 2014, 06:05:16 PM
Working on a specialty of mine,  Penne alla vodka w/pancetta.  Bring the wine and I have plenty of food!

Well that sounds good.