Main Menu

Sat 8/30 Short ride to VC, meet 10:30

Started by RichVee4, August 29, 2014, 06:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichVee4

Haven't thought out all the details yet.  Greg, needs to scrub in a new tire and am planning a trip up Geiger.   If you are interested in a short outing Sat let me know.  

Meet at Mavericks base of Geiger at 10:30am.   Cant leave earlier and don't want to be out late, supposed to be windy in the afternoon.

Will probably eat in VC (had rib cook off 2x so not going to VC jerky company this trip) any other good recommendations?
Live long and prosper \V/

slmoto

I might meet up and do a run up and right back down. Count me as a maybe, I've got a lot of catching up to do with work and home after being gone for a week. I'll need to see how my morning goes tomorrow and take it from there.

RichVee4

Sounds good. We may just do up and down as well.  This barely qualifies as an organized ride, just offering an opportunity for anyone that wants a short ride and some company.    

GreenMachine

I'll be passing by that way a couple hours earlier, but on a one-way.

Nice of you to post up Rich.  Have a good ride tomorrow and a rewarding holiday at the you-know-what!   ;)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

slmoto

Looks like my maybe has turned into a yes, I'll be there and I could even be up for a little more than a up and down if it turns out that way.

RichVee4

RR, looking forward to riding together again.  Thanks GM, have a great weekend and safe ride(s) :).  Also, when I have a calendar worthy ride I'll put it on the calendar.

RichVee4

sl, glad you can make it.   I could be talked into adding the truck route.  There was some dirt on the lower section a few weeks ago due to run off from the thunderstorms.  Not a deal breaker, just FYI.

Mel

Have a great ride guys!! I just got my stock fender and license plate frame back on my bike this morning and am now GTG for some riding tomorrow. No more cheap aftermarket s**t...I should have known better ;)!

Mel

RichVee4

Great time today, glad you guys could join.  Enjoyed the pace and Really enjoyed RocketRider leading the way, did a great job.   Rode Geiger up and back plus the truck route.  Traffic a little busy on the way up, return was better.  Slow traffic not pulling out of the way today.  Ended with a nice burger/blt at 5 Guys.  

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!!

RichVee4

Quote from: Mel on August 30, 2014, 11:47:57 AM
I just got my stock fender and license plate frame back on my bike this morning and am now GTG for some riding tomorrow. No more cheap aftermarket s**t

Mel,
Good seeing you this morning on our walk.   One question, do you have rear turn signals now??  :)

Mel

Hey Rich, good seeing you guys too! No, I do not have turn signals on yet. They were damaged in a parking lot tip over (one side) so took them all off. That will be a winter project ;)! My FZ6 is the first bike I've owned that I didn't remove the turn signals. Look at my pics of the bikes from the past that I posted up and you will not see turn signals on any of them. I decided to keep them on the FZ6 because it has become a PC world now for motorcycles and that way I don't have to listen to the whiners saying "where are your turn signals" :)! You have to remember, all these years I only ride on the backroads, and not around town. It's been a personal thing and I could care less what anyone else thought 8)! Also, in all those years, I never got a ticket for no turn signals ;)!

Mel

Tahoebrian5

You could get an integrated rear tail light and have a clean and PC tail
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.