Main Menu

Roll Call - 3 Passes ride 08/31/14 8:30 AM start north route

Started by GreenMachine, August 29, 2014, 06:23:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

RSVP if you're interested.  Ride as far as you feel comfortable. 

The route is a north route ride, where we'll go out and come back on the same route, so you can experience the same twisty roads in both directions.  I'll have my GoPros mounted taking stills this time, so if you want your picture taken, get up close to my bike and stick around a bit. 

For lunch, we can either eat in La Porte or at Buck Lake.  We had a great time at the latter last time, so that'll be my preference, but both would prove good.

Three passes is technically four, but we'll just call it three for the simplicity of it.  The passes covered will be Yuba, Gold Lake, La Porte and Bucks.

Skill level would be C+.  Old La Porte road is nearly as dangerous as Mosquito Ridge Road, unmarked corners, no guardrails, steep and can be dirty.  I had the disappointing privilege of watching a rider go down on it already this year.  Not from our group though.  It comes with the territory of where we like to ride I guess.

I'll be leading or sweeping on this ride.  Safety is always paramount.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

KawasakiNoob

Hey im in, im new to the association so where is the meetup spot? not too sure ill go full way my carbs need rejet for this altitude.

slmoto

I wish I could make it but I've got too much catching up to do, have fun!

Quote from: KawasakiNoob on August 30, 2014, 07:24:08 PM
Hey im in, im new to the association so where is the meetup spot? not too sure ill go full way my carbs need rejet for this altitude.
Here's a link to the ride schedule, meeting spots are up top.
http://www.sierrasportbike.com/smf/index.php?topic=4024.0

GreenMachine

Just got back from a trip down past where Mel and I went last weekend.  I had to laugh, because there's this one shortcut road called Red Hills road that I take.  It's a goat road.  I kind of bombed across it this time, being a little more abusive than I normally am with my old girl.  Damn you Mel!!!

She's a little dirty from the 400 mile trip, but I'll be ready to go in the morning.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

KN, I'll go over where we'll be headed tomorrow so if you decide you've done your limit, you can return home. 

I plan on the full ride, because I have some tires that need wearing out.   This is one of the best courses for reshaping our sport tires.

GreenMachine

I better get going.

Hope to see y'all over at the north route Starbucks soon.  Ta-ta, until later.

Mel

Hope you guys are having fun because I know I am! Eating lunch at In n Out in Auburn after tearing up some goat roads with more goat roads to come :)!!

GreenMachine

KawasakiNoob

3 passes was an awesome ride! Nice to meet you guys, looking forward to another ride soon!

GreenMachine

KN.  Glad you could make it.  You're one of the few who survived an outing with the SSA.   :angel  Right NVGixxer?