Main Menu

Sunday short ride with the original SSA crew

Started by GreenMachine, June 01, 2014, 07:32:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

8:30 AM.  They are riding VC starting at the 7/11 on Geiger Grade.  Although they may come over to the Maverik Country Store to say high to the 9:00 WWS SSA riders.  I'm planning on sticking with the WWS ride, but will make an attempt to say high to them at one location or the other before they head out.

Come out and say hi!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RenoRider75

Would love to go on some of these rides.  I only get to see my kids on the weekends, so it's a tough call.  Kids...  Ride...  Kids...  Ride...   :P  I think the obvious solution is to buy them all street bikes and bring them along.   ;D

In all seriousness, I hope to be able to come out on a ride soon.  Until then, enjoy the roads!

GreenMachine

I was wondering what happened to you.  288 and you should do some weekday rides or maybe if you guys still want to do an occasional evening VC ride, we can do that too.

How's the riding coming?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

I'm still game for the evening rides  when ever you all feel like it.  I get off work at 4:30 so. Anytime after that I'm in

GreenMachine

Still kinda dizzy from today.  When I got home I felt a little like I had been on a houseboat.

288, let's see about that.  Post up what you'd like to do and we'll see if we can make it happen.  Wednesday night might not work for me, b/c that's poker night.

GreenMachine

Six of us started the day.  I don't remember ever riding with Team Gorgonzola (TG).  Watching ADragon and TG lead the group up the hill was a pretty cool sight.  I say watched them from a rear vantage point, because their ride was suppose to start at 8:30 and by 8:50 they were on their bikes ready to go and I wasn't.  I was only about 1/2 mile behind, so I could still see them as they headed up the hill beyond sight.

SL and I did the group ride with them for that portion, then continued on our way to what blissful curvy tarmac awaited, as you can see by the other thread.  Glad nothing happened to you guys on your return over VC.

No drama on our longer ride.  We took a lot of liberties up there.  A bear ran across the road between SL and myself up by Uncle Tom's Cabin.  It was on a straight and there was no possibility of a confrontation.  I guess you could call that drama if you wanted.  Found out the Pizzeria also makes great burgers.  So that's the burger joint everyone was talking about!  I thought they just made pizzas.  There were a couple CHP cruisers when we came into Georgetown, but after lunch they had departed and we didn't really see any more the rest of the day.  I ended up making SL ride farther on his bike's reserve than I had planned too.  That would have sucked if he ran out of gas, but he didn't.  I had a backup plan anyway. 

Bellies full.  We returned the way we came.  Oh lookie!  WWS again!!  :D

Team Gorgonzola

Great riding with you GM! You were railing on the truck route. I found my mojo the third and last lap up the route. A bit rusty from not riding the Duc on twisties for about 2 years.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

dub

I would love to see and ride with Jerome and Alberto again.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RenoRider75

Quote from: GreenMachine on June 01, 2014, 06:53:35 PM
I was wondering what happened to you.  288 and you should do some weekday rides or maybe if you guys still want to do an occasional evening VC ride, we can do that too.

How's the riding coming?
That would be great.  It's been busy!  First month at my new job, so I'm still working out the hours.  Hoping to get back to a 7:30 - 4:30 schedule soon, then some afternoon rides would be awesome!

I'm up to 8,000 miles on the Ninja.  Hoping to add more miles with you guys this summer.  :)