Main Menu

DR1150... retires from riding.

Started by cobra23, May 25, 2014, 12:35:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cobra23

Hello ALL:

I have just heard that DR 1150 hung up his leathers.
If you know him you should chime in and wish him the best. I have ridden with him on and off since 2007. I just can't let this go by without saying something.

I moved to Reno in 2007 from Washington State, and Dave was the fist M/C guy I met here. He showed me all kinds of cool places to ride, we got into the track thing, and had all kinds of fun. Dave is a stand up guy and now for health risk reasons, he is calling it "over".

I had a lot of fun riding with you Dave, you have blessed my life and I am sure many others. I feel like we are losing a Brother. this time the Brother is in perfect health after a major high-side at T-hill. I guess he is quitting under the best of circumstances.

I will sure miss riding with him.

RocketRider

Party hard in your next adventure, you shall be missed!
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

Couldn't have said it better myself.  I've had so many fun adventures riding with DR it's going to feel a lot less complete without him there to poke fun and to joke around with. 

One of my most vivid memories was on a coast ride he and I did.  We started the day where the weather wasn't ideal.  It was okay in Reno, chilly but okay.  As we made Donner Summit it was snowing and I had slowed down to about 40 MPH because there was slush all around.  DR assumed control of the lead at that point.  He went around me to clear a trail I could follow.  Needless to say, we made it safely over and had a great time riding the coast and seeing the redwoods.

You can't pay for great memories like these, they just have to happen.  And without DR there, I wouldn't have made the trip solo.  And it was fun to beat the old man up a little too.  Sorry DR.  :D

I hope his wife gets tired of seeing his azz moping around the house and tells him to start riding again, doing all those things that made him happy.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Dave, you will be missed! I was looking forward to a rebate on our last ride that ended poorly. Sorry to hear this my friend.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

KKM

I understand DR. Put some nobbys on that GS and stay off the road. This can be alot of fun. Thanks again for helping me with a gas can some time back. All the best to you.
Kevin
2009 Aprilia RSV1000R
2012 KTM990R ADV
2013 KTM 500XCW

GreenMachine

Reading and writing all this "I remember Dave" stuff makes me wonder if we should have bought him a gold watch or something.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RenoRider75

Aww.   :'(  I understand it, but it's still a bummer for the rest of us.

I keep telling myself that the day I'm ready to give up riding is the day I'm flying to the Isle of Man and running the TT.   Nothing like going out in style.  :P

cobra23

Thank you for posting. Like I said he is a stand up guy.

We all wish him the best.

GreenMachine

DR, have you taken up hang gliding off the cliffs yet?  Anything to report?

Tahoebrian5

I think wing suit diving would be a nice safe alternative sport.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

dr1150

T he sport that I've settled into so far is paddle boarding Lake Tahoe. It's a very slow pace and tranquil incredible workout also.
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."