Main Menu

Is there any interest in an overnight group ride this weekend?

Started by GreenMachine, May 21, 2014, 09:49:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

With DR & TB5 out, SparkyGixxr in S.B. and Bigcat & Wills doing their own thing, I'm not sure if I should try to commit to this weekend's Best of Hwy 36 or not.  It's kinda too far to do without some level of support from an accompanying fellow rider.

Maybe I'll just ride out and back, instead of overnight.   Probably leave at dawn on Saturday.

I'm getting excited already.  Decision made.  Mostly.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

I'll be riding this route on Friday CLICK FOR MAP

East and West Highway 162 is connected by Alder Springs Rd/Forest Hwy 7, which will be about 30 miles of dirt.

I may bail off the Coast Hwy early if traffic is too bad and take 116 back to 101.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

nvgixxer

Sounds tempting GM, but I'm committed to a family hike Saturday near the south end of the lake (Dardanelles and Round Lakes) trail.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Tahoebrian5

Good luck, if you make it to the end and back you got me beat!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

288RR

RichVee4

Going to stay a little closer to home this weekend.  As much as I'd like to do 36 we need to preserve tires for our 8 day ride in June.
Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

Quote from: Richman on May 22, 2014, 09:24:21 PM
Going to stay a little closer to home this weekend.  As much as I'd like to do 36 we need to preserve tires for our 8 day ride in June.
Wear them out be for then,  then you will have new rubber for you trip