Main Menu

Missing FZ-6 rider from Sacramento

Started by GreenMachine, May 11, 2014, 09:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

A Sacramento man left on a motorcycle ride 10 days ago and hasn't been seen since he filled up at a gas station.

It was pump No. 5 at the 76 station on Alhambra Boulevard where Alan Porter was last seen in video. That video is one of very few clues Sacramento Police have.

Missing motorcyclist Alan Porter's daughter is desperate to find any information about her father.

"You have no idea what that feels like to truly lose somebody, and have no information on where they are," she said.

Gone for 10 days, his wife, Marjorie Porter, says there are still few clues on the retired architect's whereabouts.

"The ATM hasn't been used, credit cards haven't been used since that morning," she said.

His family says the 58-year-old loved riding to remote areas.
"We know that he loved all of the motorcycle rides in Sacramento, the foothills and even up in the Sierra," she said.

At 10:11 a.m. on April 29, street cameras picked up Porter leaving his Curtis Park home on his blue 2004 Yamaha. Ten minutes later, grainy gas station video shows him pulling up to the pump at Alhambra and P streets.
That was the last time he was seen.

With no cellphone and no note left behind, Porter's route that day is a mystery.

Alan was last seen wearing black jeans, a dark colored t-shirt, and a full face white helmet.

More information here: www.findalanporter.com

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Upon looking into this further, the street camera pictures that captured him appear to show he was wearing a long sleeve black jacket, not a black T-shirt.  People are recalling that April 29th in Sacramento was a pleasant warm Spring day and it was sunny.

If he was wearing a black riding jacket, he may have been preparing for heading into the mountains or for a longer style ride.  Placerville North up to Forbestown would be my guess.  Well within his FZ-6's service range.  He never used his credit card after leaving the 76 station in downtown Sac.  He departed there at 10:21 AM, probably headed for some foothill riding and lunch.  But never made lunch.  So...

If anyone is riding the foothills from Placerville North up to Forbestown, take a second or two and check where those tire skid marks go off the hill.  They may be fresh.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

No real update from the family.  They thanked me for my efforts and appreciated any additional searches I did, in advance, but no assistance as to what areas they've searched already or any real tangible clues to help narrow probable areas that should be canvased. 

I'm shaking my head a little bit on this one, because I may not be thought of or think of myself as a Native American who can track a wounded deer for 30 miles on foot, but I know the roads we ride and I've made that known to them.  Pretty clear in my mind that our riders and those on SCR could help search the roadways said to be the same roadways that our missing person liked riding.

We could be utilized, but I'm left wondering why we haven't been utilized.

GreenMachine

Day 17.

No update to the Web site.  No additional information this week on the areas searched or locations where flyers have been put.  No follow-up on inquires as to what was on his computer browser's Internet history days before he disappeared.  So nothing more to go on and zero to report.

GreenMachine

Day 18.

No update to the Web site.  No additional information this week on the areas searched or locations where flyers have been put.  Still no follow-up on inquires as to what was on his computer browser's Internet history days before he disappeared.  So nothing more to go on and zero to report.

Beginning to think this has less to do with a rider that went missing and more of a rider that got missing.

NevadaWolf

I've been linked to a KCRA story reporting a rider and bike have been found off MRR but no details.

Any word?

http://m.kcra.com/news/chp-motorcycle-crash-victim-found-dead-in-foresthill/26121556

dub

This article says the moto was registered to Alan. http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/05/22/fatal-motorcycle-crash-discovered-near-foresthill/

You we're looking in the right place, GM. Good detective work.
Condolences to the family.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

288RR