Main Menu

UNR Riders?

Started by kenpokev, April 27, 2014, 10:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenpokev

Now that its warming up a bit, I'm seeing more scoots parked around campus. Please chime in if you're a student, staff, or faculty. Maybe some bench racing at the Joe?

Cheers,

Kevin
Aprilia RST-1000
+ Other Garage Buddies

dub

Print out some little SSA cards with the URL and leave them on the bikes you see.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

288RR

What do you guys think about these?   Look good?

RocketRider

Nice! I think at least one picture should be of bike/bikes and people. I'm also down for starting a weekly event. I don't mind taking lead on organizing such shenanigans once I'm done moving and have the bike back together (hopefully less than a month away from both being completed)
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

288RR

Well I put that together,  I was think some might not  want there pic or bikes on a card.  I couldn't wait and pulled the tigger on a small batch,  but we can always change it up and redo them. 

I'm also in for a weekly of even  a every other week thing,  think of a place and when you want to do it.  I think we can give you a month to move and get the bike done.  ;)

RocketRider

I liked what my old riding group did; Once a week everyone would meet somewhere, go on a short ride together (we hit twisties but there seem to be less close opportunities here) and then got dinner together. After that we met up somewhere for the "bike night" to just chill and BS. I think I'd be down for meet up, cruise and dinner. We'll organize more soon  :redbike2

PS- you can use track photos if you're afraid of "evidence" haha
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

dub

Quote from: 288cbr on April 28, 2014, 06:46:51 PM
What do you guys think about these?   Look good?

That looks great.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

GreenMachine

Really nice work 288.  Who knew you had typesetting skills too?

If you guys want to start getting weekly functions going, other than joining the PJ's crowd, I'll contact Jerome and see if I can excite him enough to lend some assistance.   I believe we still have boxes of SSA swag and giveaways.  One of the problems with that though is it's a limited resource.  SSA swag was funded by "trackday" revenue, which we simply do not have anymore.

I'll see what I can do.

I like the enthusiasm though!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

kenpokev

Quote from: 288cbr on April 28, 2014, 08:10:40 PM
Well I put that together,  I was think some might not  want there pic or bikes on a card.  I couldn't wait and pulled the tigger on a small batch,  but we can always change it up and redo them. 

If possible, I would like to get some of those from you and I'd be happy to contribute to offset the expense. I work at UNR and wander around a good deal. I think it would be an easy way to help promote the group. Please feel free to shoot me an email: schallerk @ UNR  .  EDU   (connect the text string)

Cheers.
Aprilia RST-1000
+ Other Garage Buddies

288RR

Quote from: kenpokev on May 22, 2014, 10:17:19 PM
Quote from: 288cbr on April 28, 2014, 08:10:40 PM

If possible, I would like to get some of those from you and I'd be happy to contribute to offset the expense. I work at UNR and wander around a good deal. I think it would be an easy way to help promote the group. Please feel free to shoot me an email: schallerk @ UNR  .  EDU   (connect the text string)

Cheers.

For sure you can have some. I got them in not to long ago.  I'm heading out of town this weekend  I will be back on Monday night,  so anytime after that I can get you some

slmoto

Quote from: RocketRider on April 28, 2014, 09:06:25 PM
I liked what my old riding group did; Once a week everyone would meet somewhere, go on a short ride together (we hit twisties but there seem to be less close opportunities here) and then got dinner together. After that we met up somewhere for the "bike night" to just chill and BS. I think I'd be down for meet up, cruise and dinner. We'll organize more soon  :redbike2

PS- you can use track photos if you're afraid of "evidence" haha

I'm new here and haven't participated in group events yet, but this is pretty much what I was looking for when joining. So I'd definitely be in for something like this if it comes to fruition.

RocketRider

Still in progress of getting on two wheels...getting a replacement engine for my bike is getting ridiculous. Gonna start being less kind in short order here...
PIN IT TO WIN IT!