Main Menu

Ride on Sunday?

Started by Mel, March 13, 2014, 11:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

Quote from: dub on March 17, 2014, 08:15:04 PM
What's a hyperbike?
Jimbo will tell ya; the Hayabusa, the Ninja ZX-14R, Honda Blackbird, ZX-12R, etc.  Top speed supremacists.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

nvgixxer

You got it right GM!  ;D
I'm assuming the VC route, including truck route is clear of leftover winter sand? Has anyone checked Monitor Pass road conditions yet? With the sparse snow pack this season, I'd imagine Monitor good to go before May!?
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RenoRider75

I went up and down Geiger a few times on Sunday to break in my new track suit.  Holy crap shifting is difficult with new racing boots - I think I need to adjust the position of my shift lever for the boots...  It was fun though - I felt like Iron Man flying up and down the hill.   ;D

GreenMachine

I felt much the same after several of my first rides with the full suit, especially about how I feel like I end up riding higher on the seat because of the padded butt areas.  I ended up forcing myself to wear the gear.  Now it's part of me and I feel naked without it.  With everything new, there's a learning curve.  But I'm confident you'll adjust.

I think I too adjusted my shift lever up to compensate.  Do what you think you need to do and get a few miles under your belt.  Well.  I think you're already doing it!  :thumbup
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RenoRider75

I bought a chest protector / spine protector today that goes under the suit.  So I'll survive when I crash on April 20.   :P

Kidding aside, yeah the gear is something to get used to but boy do I feel invincible with the full suit on.  I feel like Iron Man on two wheels - it's an interesting test of will to keep it from going to your head and doing something stupid.  I can't wait for the track day!  Go as fast as you feel you can, and there are no cars coming around a blind curve in your lane (and no logs falling onto the road - sorry TB, that must have really sucked).

dub

Oh. I was thinking more like this.

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RenoRider75

Have you guys seen this monstrosity?  It's a Dodge Tomahawk, and it's got a Viper V10 in it...

Hyperbike, or just Ludicrous Speed?

288RR

Quote from: nvgixxer on March 18, 2014, 10:59:54 AM
, I'd imagine Monitor good to go before May!?

Well I was coming back from bishop this afternoon,  (just got back). But i went up a few miles on monitor. From the highway 395 side and it didn't look to bad,  just a little chilly on the ride