Main Menu

Ride on Sunday?

Started by Mel, March 13, 2014, 11:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Who's up for the first real ride of the season? Not the normal ride up to VC and get lunch type of run, but over the hill and Mosquito Ridge baby 8)!! Who knows from there as long as it's tight, twisty, and bumpy ;D!! This Sunday will be mid 70's almost everywhere! No worries, this will be a mellow ride because I ride like a sissy first time out after a long lay off, and like to slowly ease back into the spirited pace ;).

Mel

288RR

Dang.  I will be out of town.  I won't be able to make it

dub

I too will be out of town, but sounds like fun.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RocketRider

Put me in as tentative. Depends on how much work i can get done saturday
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

dub

That turbo monster you have built will really be able to stretch it's legs on the types of roads Mel will lead you on.

cobra23

nvgixxer

Tight, twisty and bumpy? Sounds like fun if that's your pleasure. I'll stick to the smooth and twisty pavement rides. Spring is calling us guys! My insurance reactivates on April 1, can hardly wait to again hook up with the good company of SSA riders!!

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RocketRider

Gotta back out. 8.5 work day today still didn't yield desired results,  heading back in tomorrow. Might do my typical short blast, hoping I wont be at work more than 3-4 hrs
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

Rocket, have you ever been on MRR?  15 MPH hairpins, no runoff, 100' drops.  No place to test out the turbo, unless you have a death wish.  Then again,  :|) I've seen how you push that old girl.

And I'd imagine after the rains, there's going to be fallin splintered rocks, which can only increase the level of complexity negotiating the turns.  Good thing Mel's keeping the pace in check for an exploratory ride.  I usually get sweaty gloves from riding it, even at mid-pack pace.  Some of the SCR folks though ride it to extremes, R.I.P.   :o
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

BTW, Mel canceled this ride.  He has company that came into town.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

So who went riding this weekend anyways?  I saw a lot of sportbikes going up to Virginia City.  One lone hyperbike on the truck route too, but I didn't recognize anyone as being from the SSA.

Mel

Dang, it would have been a great day to ride. I did have a good time though with my friends that rolled into town, and breakfast at Pegs was outstanding as usual 8)! Oh well, got a whole season ahead to look forward to :)!

Mel

288RR

I was stuck in a cage all weekend,  but will be on two wheels next weekend.  It won't be a fun ride I'm just heading back to bishop again

dub

288RR

I'm going to guess and say zx14, bursa and the BMW.  Would fall under the new hyperbike deal