Main Menu

Ride this Weekend

Started by RocketRider, February 20, 2014, 09:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketRider

You see that weather forecast? Shit's beautiful. Let's start riding ladies. I propose a Sunday ride. Willing to do Sat afternoon too! I prefer short as I still consider my bike experimental, but I dont have much fear of breaking down. Who's down? Let's start planning. All paces welcome.
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

dub

Yeah, weather looks killer.

I have been riding, every Sunday. 470 miles on the dirt so far since late October.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Tahoebrian5

68 in auburn on Saturday. Damn, if I had a bike is be going to MRR.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

If any of you do go towards Truckee, it'll be below freezing until 10:00 AM.  9:30 AM in Reno is forecast to be 40.  Noon to 7:00 PM will be above 50 here and above 43 in Truckee for that same window of time.

Where and when are you thinking of riding RR?  I'm down for a short ride.  Don't care to take the curves in, just ride safely wherever.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

Quote from: GreenMachine on February 21, 2014, 08:23:39 PM
If any of you do go towards Truckee, it'll be below freezing until 10:00 AM.  9:30 AM in Reno is forecast to be 40.  Noon to 7:00 PM will be above 50 here and above 43 in Truckee for that same window of time.

Where and when are you thinking of riding RR?  I'm down for a short ride.  Don't care to take the curves in, just ride safely wherever.

Good ol' Geiger and truck route are good oshort rides. Slowish-moderate pace because I agree with the cold weather pace adjustment. Part of the reason for that route is I THINK the end of truck route has a couple spots I can run some tests on the turbo. I want to record video of it running with the waste gate, and one with it SHUT >:).

Gonna take tomorrow to do button ups but down to do later afternoon cruise if you wanna meet up and just shoot zeh shit. Otherwise lets plan on doing a Sunday ride post lunch, like 1? Meet at Mavericks.
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

RocketRider

Setting time. 1pm Sunday at Mavericks at the base of geiger. Be there or stay at home crying because you arent riding in this awesome weather :D
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dr1150

That's okay GM, I'll take up the rear and keep the stragglers from falling off. See you all at 1 o'clock at Mavericks.
"You start the game of life with a full pot o' luck and an empty pot
o' experience... The object is to fill the pot of experience before you
empty the pot of luck."

RocketRider

Two riders joining me today? Thats gotta be like, 80% of our active street riding membership  ;D. Excited!
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Tahoebrian5

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Cobwebs dusted!

RR's still shaking the new mods out.  We rode pretty slowly.  There was an ungodly amount of traffic and the truck route hasn't had enough traffic to clean it off; follower's stone hazard.  Still great to ride with you guys again and see Dave with a leg out on his BMW.   I took video.  Forgot the SD card for one.  Duh!  I'll post up screen shots if there are any that look appealing.  TB5, you are always missed.

RocketRider

Good ride indeed!

Did some diagnostics at home. It looks like my 3 week old fuel pump took a shit already. It runs for a little bit after flipping the switch on (usually) but then craps out 5-15 seconds later, causing the lean conditions I was experiencing. Just glad I didnt pound a rod through the case when I was going lean. Going to tear this piece of shit AIRTEX/SPECTRA pump out and return it to Summit and get a higher quality one...

UPDATE:
Returned the old pump. Thank you Summit for making that painless! In its place is a Holley Blue Fuel Pump. Went from a small axial piston style pump to a medium sized, high quality, rotary vane type. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The old pump the engine would nearly flood and die if I had any fuel pressure at idle and the gauge would be bouncing like mad. I always thought it was due to the vacuum reference line. This new pump sits dead still at 1 psi at idle and the engine couldnt be happier. Pressure gauge appears to track smoothly as vacuum goes up and down with throttle and engine responses. Can't wait to try again, keep an eye out for the next ride :)
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

dub

We had a killer 48 mile in the Pine Nuts on Sunday.

On the way home I probably saw a half dozen or so bikes out and about. Then I got home and read that you guys had a nice ride. I started to think maybe I should take the cover off the Tiger and go for a little mid winter spin myself.

So today I went out on a little 100 mile loop. CLICK FOR MAP

No traffic all for me on Geiger (monday afternoon ftw!).

Traffic was even unusually light up and over Mt Rose. I only came up behind two cars and they both pulled over for me. Compared to everywhere else there is quite a bit of snow at the Mt Rose summit, but the roads were clear and clean.

What a crazy winter we've had. Normally, going out for a ride in the twisties in February isn't even something that crosses my mind. At this rate our favorite high passes should be clear by April.

GreenMachine

You're going to jinx us.  Always happens that way.  Just when you start thinking it's one way, Mother Nature does an about face.

dub

Nah, even if we have a miracle march and a decent storm or two in April the snowpack is still only going to be a fraction of average.