Main Menu

Saw on another forum. Name some of your riding goals for 2014.

Started by GreenMachine, January 25, 2014, 06:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

For one, I'd like to like to polish my knee pucks, as impossible as that may be, in January.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Get out there and ride more,  and maybe get my knee down this year

GreenMachine

Objective accomplished!   :egyptian  Thanks to VC highway being in ideal conditions 5 months in advance of Summer.

Next goal.  February.  I'm thinking that shouldn't be a problem.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

1: Finish my "secret" project
2: Take a podium at one of the TTRC events!
3: Take ESP class win at Reno's SCCA Solo events
4: Hit a track day once a month starting in April, two or four wheels doesn't matter.
Dont rush the  knee 288cbr. Join me at a track day. I'll show you around a track and I can almost guarantee it will happen naturally if you learn quickly :)

Also, I would like to see a SSA bike night and more riders around the forums! GreenMachine, have you guys ever tried advertising to the college? That's how I got pulled in to my local riding group when I first started. The SLO Riders just posted little flyers on students' bikes saying "Bike night @ Xpm @ location X. Come hang out and talk motorcycles with friends". Eventually it turned in to a weekly short ride and dinner type thing.
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

288RR

Quote from: RocketRider on January 25, 2014, 06:35:29 PM
1: Finish my "secret" project
2: Take a podium at one of the TTRC events!
3: Take ESP class win at Reno's SCCA Solo events
4: Hit a track day once a month starting in April, two or four wheels doesn't matter.
Dont rush the  knee 288cbr. Join me at a track day. I'll show you around a track and I can almost guarantee it will happen naturally if you learn quickly :

Also, I would like to see a SSA bike night and more riders around the forums! GreenMachine, have you guys ever tried advertising to the college? That's how I got pulled in to my local riding group when I first started. The SLO Riders just posted little flyers on students' bikes saying "Bike night @ Xpm @ location X. Come hang out and talk motorcycles with friends". Eventually it turned in to a weekly short ride and dinner type thing.

I know what the secret project is.  ;D
And I won't rush the knee down,  I know it will come in time. 
A weekly bike night would be fun.

GreenMachine

Nice.  We have a garage section, but Fb is so much more 'now' than the old style forum.   :assimliate

Wonder if the secret project will make him slower to get off the line or not.  That was his bread and butter in last season's TTP weekend.

dub

I just checked in on the Rocket Pace FB page. Interesting project, I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends up.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

RocketRider

Quote from: dub on January 27, 2014, 01:32:38 PM
I just checked in on the Rocket Pace FB page. Interesting project, I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends up.

Even if it's a bust, so long as the engine remains in one piece I'll consider it a fair success :). Completion around mid-late February I think
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

dub

I've never seen a turbo mounted there before. How did you decide that was the best place? Seems like a lot of extra plumbing compared to mounting it up front off the motor like you normally see them.

RocketRider

Forward mounting is VERY tight and requires a reposition of the radiator and oil filter. That's a lot of extra plumbing and headers are very difficult to make. This way (in the "trunk") I can leave 95% of the bike's normal plumbing (basically just adding Tees where needed) and exhaust/intake fabrication is very simple...all this at the cost of performance but that's fine by me. I just want an extra kick, not every bit of power possible.
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

GreenMachine

From what I remember about the early turbos, the Honda CX-500 and the Yamaha XJ-650, the turbo was placed as far forward in the exhaust gas plumbing to reduce throttle lag, aka turbo lag.  Obviously, the farther back the turbo, the greater the time and area (within the exhaust plumbing) for exhaust pressures to be realized by spinning it up.  Plus there's the cooling aspect of having such an item up front where it can be naturally cooled.  Otherwise, you're probably going to need some heavy duty heat shielding and insulation for stuff that's back there.

Not trying to second guess or find fault.  Just wanting to help you realize your goal.

dub

Yeah, turbo lag and cooling; both good points. Sounds like he's thought this through, I'm betting he has a plan.