Main Menu

Ride before the weather hits

Started by Tahoebrian5, October 08, 2013, 08:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

I'm going to be heading out at 1pm today. VC to malarkyville to monitor and back. Looks to be another gem of a day. Too bad I can't completely blow off work and leave now. I bet bucks is begging for rubber and knee puck donations. Post up if you want to go
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

Had to work and didn't see the thread until today.  Sorry.

Smart, to get out there and get some riding in before the storms.  Weather this weekend isn't suppose to be so bad either.   I didn't notice however, that given the cooler road surface temps and even with taking it back a notch or two, that the bike is starting to slide in the steep downhill corners.  Fortunately though, with your riding technique built into mine, I was already donating puck plastic to the road gods, so the slippage went without incident.

Tom got us started at 10:30 AM, which was just about the time when it was beginning to be warm enough to ride.

Did you end up riding out anyway yesterday? :bowdown :cheers

BTW, Jolie's family owns that deli/bar in Markleeville.  She waited on us last weekend.  What a charmer she is!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Tahoebrian5

Yes GM, I did go out but only ended up doing VC to truck route and back. Started a bit late and it got cool in a hurry.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.