Main Menu

Sunday shenanigans

Started by NevadaWolf, September 29, 2013, 07:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NevadaWolf

Imagine, if you will, a Great Dane and a Pomeranian out for a walk. The Great Dane is casually strolling along, admiring the birds and the trees and the deer and a turkey vulture - while the Pom is busy running her furry little feet off trying to keep up.

I'm sure that's an apt description of the skill level on display as I tailed along behind Mel on a fantastic trip through the Sierras. LOL

Mel was a fantastic tour guide and very very kind enough to keep just ahead of me and make sure I never got in over my head. Lots of cool twisty roads I had never been on before (having only ventured along Hwy 49) but we played on the Ridge Rd, Washington Rd, and I'm positive I am forgetting some that my GPS will remind me of.

Just wanted to publicly say THANKS to Mel for inviting me out to play. :)

Mel

NevadaWolf, thanks for the kind words and I had a great time riding and hanging out with you today. When I followed you back out on Washington Rd and Ridge Rd, you had a nice pace and good lines. Oh, there was that one left hander coming down Ridge Rd, but we won't talk about that  :). Happy to hear that you enjoyed the roads we were on. Yeah, if I hadn't ducked my head at the last minute that damn turkey vulture would have nailed me for sure :o!

Thought I would throw in the story of how the ride came to be. I PM'd NW yesterday to see if she wanted to ride today and we set it up with a time and meet spot. I get up this morning and check out the forecast and they're calling for cloudy and 30% chance of rain for everything over the hill so texted NW and said it looks like rain so maybe another day. We're texting back and forth and she said that she would probably hit the local passes until it got too wet and I thought woah she's still going to ride even if it rains. So, living on the coast my whole life, rain is nothing new to me and I've got thousands of miles in the rain. I ask NW if she is still up for a ride over the hill and she says that she is not afraid of the rain and it's on 8)! Luckily, we never saw any rain the whole day, but we were ready to take it on, even if there was some lighting to go with it GM ;)! All in all a great day, and we even got some goat roads in!

Mel 

GreenMachine

I would have been no good for this ride.  Ended up taking a short spin instead mid way up VC on Saturday and home projects Sunday.  Not nearly as many HDs as I would have thought, but then, I didn't venture downtown.

NW.  I'm always pleased to hear from riders who've had a positive experience riding with the SSA.  It reflects what brought me here many years ago.  There's a lot of good riders and good people, veterans and newbs alike.  Welcome.  And I hope we get to see you on a future ride.   

:welcome2 to the  :flagSSA
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.