Main Menu

Ride on Thursday 19th?

Started by Mel, September 17, 2013, 07:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Hey guys,

I'm going for a ride on Thursday the 19th if anyone is interested and has the time off. I want to check out some new roads south of Placerville, and yes there will be goat roads in the mix ;)!

Mel

GreenMachine

Make a route whereby I can ride the twisties, skip the goat roads and meet up with you and I'll do it.  If nothing else you'll have a ride partner for a portion of the ride.

Tentative of course.  If a work emergency comes up, I'll have to attend to that first, over riding.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

Sorry GM, just got back on the computer. Here's my plan for tomorrow. I'm leaving Starbucks on N McCarran at 8:30am (probably be there by 8:15am) and headed straight over 80 to the Foresthill exit in Auburn. Out Foresthill and over the bridge, then right on Old Foresthill Rd back to 49 south. Down 49 to Cool and then left on 193 through Georgetown. Will get off 193 and do the Rock Creek Rd/Mosquito Rd loop into Placerville. From Placerville the plan is Cedar Ravine/Pleasant Valley/Bucks Bar and right on Mt Aukum. Headed down Mt Aukum it will be a left on Fairplay and a left on Omo Ranch Rd. I'll take Omo Ranch almost to hwy 88, then a left up N. South Rd. It will be all goat roads up into the mountains and coming back down on hwy 88. I'll take a right on 88 and a rest stop and possibly fuel at Cooks Station on the left. From there continue west on 88 to Shake Ridge Rd on the right. Down Shake Ridge and make a left on Rams Horn Grade Rd into Vocano and just out of town stay right on Sutter Creek Rd all the way to 49. Head north on 49 and get off on the right on Union Mine Rd back up to 49 and into Placerville. From Placerville, I will decide what route to take next depending on time.

You should be able to Google map these roads with the satellite view and believe it or not, you can get down on street view on some of the roads like Omo Ranch, Rams Horn Grade, Sutter Creek, and probably a few others if you want to see what the road looks like. I would love to have your company on the ride or some of it, if you think you can figure out a route that works for you and where we can intersect at times. Let me know brother!

Mel

GreenMachine

I've driven and ridden some of those roads in the past.  The Sierra Century bike ride once went through Sutter Creek, Volcano and that whole Fairplay Plymouth area.   As it turns out, work has gotten in the way.  One of my infrequent clients has an office full of computers that are dieing and in need of some care.  No way I'd be able to leave any earlier than 11:00 AM even if I broke the work into pieces.

I'm going to try to ride tomorrow.  So if you get into trouble, I'll have my phone with me.

Ride safe.

Mel

Roger that GM! I hope you get to break away for a little riding at least tomorrow.

Mel