Main Menu

Roll Call - Group Ride Yosemite National Park, Saturday 09/28/13

Started by GreenMachine, September 17, 2013, 06:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

288RR

Well I think I'm going to head that wayin the morning.  I may not go to Yosemite but I'll be heading south to see family

GreenMachine

You're tougher than I am.  Check Intellicast's hourly temp gauge.  It says it's actually going to be about 7° warmer tomorrow morning for the commute than what it said before, but still too cold for a group ride.  Suppose to be 40° in Lee Vining at 9:00 AM, with a high of 63.

Have a good ride!  I'm thinking of doing VC around 11:00 AM, then back home and to UNR for a tailgate party and the game.  Won't be stopping at the Jerky house on this trek.

Let us know how good or bad your trip turns out to be.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Ya I think I'm a little crazy.  But it should be worth it.  I'll let you all know

nvgixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 27, 2013, 10:28:32 PM
You're tougher than I am.  Check Intellicast's hourly temp gauge.  It says it's actually going to be about 7° warmer tomorrow morning for the commute than what it said before, but still too cold for a group ride.  Suppose to be 40° in Lee Vining at 9:00 AM, with a high of 63.

Have a good ride!  I'm thinking of doing VC around 11:00 AM, then back home and to UNR for a tailgate party and the game.  Won't be stopping at the Jerky house on this trek.

Let us know how good or bad your trip turns out to be.
I'll be going out for a short one today (much later in the day) as well, BUT not to VC. There will be literally thousands of Harleys up there today....AGGRRHH! 
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

Quote from: 288cbr on September 27, 2013, 10:34:10 PM
Ya I think I'm a little crazy.  But it should be worth it.  I'll let you all know
Hope you made it back okay, if you're back in Reno, that is.

Post up about your ride down Saturday.  Saturday evening was unbelievably mild, if not downright hot for it almost being October.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

288RR

Well I ready Togo Friday night.  The bike was clean and packed.  I woke up sat morning sicker than sick.  So I ended up stay in town.  I was bummed out that I couldn't make the trip.