Main Menu

Mel - Sunday - Goat Roads Ride

Started by dub, September 05, 2013, 07:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Welcome gsxrjarrod! Looking forward to meeting you and I'll see you in the morning. I'll probably be at the Starbucks around 8:45am. Oh, no worries I'm an old guy too :)!

See you in the morning also Brian, and your buddy.

Wiles, we'll meet you at the off ramp at 267/80 around 9:30am. We'll wait for you or you might be waiting for us.

Mel

Mel

See you guys soon :)! My cell is 831-566-2337 if you need to contact me.

Mel

dub

That was fun, Mel.  Thanks for leading. 

I love being able to review the activity log of my GPS to see where, exactly, in the hell you took me.  Now I see why we never hit Sand Ridge Rd like you were expecting.  It's doesn't intersect Mt. Aukum Rd.  We had to back-track Bucks Bar Rd just a couple thousand feet to get to Sand Ridge.  http://goo.gl/maps/y7Zla
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Mel

Brian and Wiles,

I had a blast riding with you guys today! It's cool to find guys that like to do the goat roads every now and then 8)!

Wiles, actually it was Shake Ridge Rd that I missed when we were coming down Mt Aukum Rd. I've been on Sand Ridge Rd before and it turns to dirt about 4 or 5 miles in. Union Mine Rd was fun though off of 49!

I put on 368 miles today, but it would have been well up in the 400 mile range if we had continued down to do the rest of the goat roads I had planned. We just got too late of a start, but there's always next time ;).

Mel

dub

Ohhh, Shake Ridge.  I've been on Shake Ridge before.  That doesn't intersect Mt Aukum either!  lol.  We'll have to head back and get 'em all next time.

Mel

Wiles, you're right! That is funny because I got mixed up when we didn't do the whole ride, and looking at my list that was in my tank bag, I see now where Shake Ridge is off of 88 where we would have been :)! I guess I should have pulled out the list to check it lol! Next time we'll shoot straight down to Omo Ranch Rd and finish up those goat roads and the rest of the loop.

Mel

Mel

Hey Brian,

How was your ride back yesterday? When Wiles and I made it back into Placerville, he headed home on 50 and I went back up 49. That's when I realized that the 193 cutoff to Georgetown was off of 49 just a couple blocks up out of Placerville. I think I told you that the 193 was after the 49 exit :-[...sorry about that!

Mel

dub

Quote from: Mel on September 09, 2013, 04:01:33 PMThat's when I realized that the 193 cutoff to Georgetown was off of 49 just a couple blocks up out of Placerville. I think I told you that the 193 was after the 49 exit :-[...sorry about that!

Mel

Yeah, I realized the same thing after the fact, too.  Hope we didn't get him too lost.