Main Menu

Mel - Sunday - Goat Roads Ride

Started by dub, September 05, 2013, 07:46:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Mel

Wiles,

I can't pass up a goat road ride, so count me in. I'll come up with a route and post it up tomorrow. How about Starbucks on N McCarren off 80 at 8:30am Sunday?

Who else is in? It should be fun and no one will get left behind no matter your pace. We'll group up at all the turnoffs and intersections.

288cbr, you can do VC any day, it's time for a change of pace brother :)!

Mel

dub

ah yesssss!

I'll meet you in Truckee.  I've already made arrangements to meet a BARFer who lives in Truckee at Coffeebar on Jibboom St @ 9:15 to sell him some trackday passes.  We could meet there at 9:30.  Or I could meet you where 267 hits I-80, like we did last time.  Or anywhere else you want.

Tahoebrian5

Ohhh damn, I might have to join you guys. The three of us together can surely stir up some serious goat road trouble! I think my friend wants to ride also on his gsxr600. He is pretty slow but good at riding his own pace
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Mel

Cool Brian! The more the merrier and let your friend know that no one gets left behind.

Mel

Mel

Hey guys,

We'll leave Starbucks on N McCarran at 9:00am and meet Brian at the 267/80 off ramp at 9:30am. This will be an all day ride hitting up lots of goat roads but with some fun road in between. Here's just a basic outline of the ride.

80 to Auburn, head south on 49 and then 193 to Georgetown continuing south with a goat road loop off of 193 and then down to the Rock Creek/Mosquito Rd run into Placerville. Grab some grub and gas up and head south down towards Somerset and more goat roads. Then it's down towards hwy 88 but with a long goat road loop that brings us back down onto 88. We can take a break and fuel up at Cooks Station on 88 and then head west towards 49 on some backroads. Head north on 49 with a loop off 49 that hooks back into 49 further north and then back into Placerville. Depending on the time, we can figure out where to go from there as some might want to head east on 50 or north on 49 or 193.

Let me know if you want more specifics on what roads we will be on.

Mel

dub

Sounds great.  See you tomorrow morning in Truckee.

Mel

Here are some of the roads for tomorrow for you guys that like to search on Google maps :).

-Bear Creek
-Traverse Creek
-Spanish Flat
-Shoo Fly
-Happy Valley
-Omo Ranch
-N. South
-Caldor Logging
-Cat Creek
-Hale
-Union Mine

Mel

dub

The only one I know is Omo Ranch.  Can't wait to get acquainted with the rest.

Who else is in?  Give your VC runs a rest and come meet some new roads.

Mel

288cbr and Richman, I think he means you guys :)! Lots of fun roads on this ride and not all goat roads 8).
See you guys in the morning, right?

Mel

288RR

I would but I have things to take care of tomorrow and can only sneak way for a lunch run up to vc
Hopefully next time guys

RichVee4

Tempting!  no clue where any of those roads are :D  Nice to know there are still new roads to explore.  Enjoy!!
Live long and prosper \V/

Mel

Well, all the regulars have posted up so now it's up to you lurkers who are reading this :)! It's time to check in or show up in the morning guys 8)!

Mel

gsxrjarrod

Just moved here from Vegas this past Friday. My bike is in a storage unit, but I'll try and make the ride tomorrow morning. I haven't ridden much this summer because of the heat and lack of twisty roads around Vegas that aren't inundated with cops. I'll be on a 2010 VFR1200F. I know, it's an old guy bike, but I'm getting old. See you there.

Tahoebrian5

Finally got my bike back together. Jeez! It took me all damn day to replace the spark plugs. That's it. I'm selling the cbr and going to get a trail 90. See you in the morn
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.