Main Menu

Music while riding?

Started by RenoRider75, August 20, 2013, 05:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RenoRider75

I'm going to try some of the Fuze custom-fit earbuds.  They're supposed to fit in your ears well, blocking wind noise while also making music.   :D  It's the first time I've seen headphones specifically designed for motorcycle riding.

Do any of you listen to music while you ride?  I have helmet speakers in one of my helmets, but I can't use ear plugs to block wind noise and hear the speakers at the same time.

I've been listening to a lot of Van Canto on my rides lately.  Something about acapella metal makes the ride more fun.
(In case you've never heard of them before, my favorites are https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ0n-1FmFiw and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt4CQc1MSso)

288RR

I do.  I have speaker in my helmet was well.  I have also used the fuse custom ear buds.  They work great, I would still be using them but I ripped one of the ear buds off got caught on something.  Im looking at getting them again.

GreenMachine

I've listened to music since day one.  I love the exhaust song and the occasional beep-beep-beep, bddpt-bddpt-bddpt, etc, coming from my sound system.   It's all the music I need to joyfully get to where I'm going.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

I'm old school and have probably been riding before most of you were born :)! I would never listen to music while riding or use a GoPro...it's just not traditional for me 8). I'll leave that to you young pups ;).

Mel

RichVee4

I added the scala system to my wifes and my helmet for communication on the road, really nice to have when riding with someone.   We listen to music the majority of time, great to have on longer trips.  I connect with aux to an Mp3 player and my wife bluetooths to her iphone. 
Live long and prosper \V/

nvgixxer

Quote from: Mel on August 20, 2013, 07:46:26 PM
I'm old school and have probably been riding before most of you were born :)! I would never listen to music while riding or use a GoPro...it's just not traditional for me 8). I'll leave that to you young pups ;).

Mel
I'm with you Mel, old school. The only thing that goes in my ears are ear plugs. Hehe...........I bet I've been riding longer that you have................yikes, try 1969 on for size. Wish I still had my little 1969 Honda SL 350, sweet little on road/off road ride.  :D
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Mel

nvgixxer, I'm afraid you lost that bet :)! I started riding in the very early sixties, been riding on the street since 1964, started dirttrack racing in 1967, and was already in Vietnam in 1969 ;)! I've been riding sportbikes at a spirited pace on the mountain roads since 1973 when I got the first Yamaha RD350 that the dealer received in Santa Cruz, CA. I don't commute, tour, or sport tour, as all my riding in all those years up to the present has been on the backroads 8). Everyone has their preference when it comes to what type of riding they enjoy, but the backroads are my passion, preferably at a spirited pace!

Mel

nvgixxer

Ya got me Mel.................hats off to you sir. Army airborne MP here, Germany, 1963-1966.
90% of my riding is spirited canyon carving, the other 10% is getting there. I've never worn out the center of my tires and as I'm sure is the case with yours, you'll never see chicken stripes on my rear tire.
Ride on bro, looking forward to someday meeting you!

Jimbo
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

Grey Goat

Wow.  Old fart Mel!  I thought I was gonna pull rank on all you whipper-snapper pubescents, but ya got me!  1966 was my first road bike, though I'd been racing go carts since 1963.

Regarding noise, my twin sounds better than any music (sorry Pink Floyd), that plus Valentine 1 keeps me focused   :egyptian :egyptian

It's all good ...

RenoRider75

Oh yeah?!  Well, I've been riding the street since...  um...  2013.    ;)  I used to ride dirt bikes all over Peavine with my dad in the 80's.  Thank you guys for making me feel young again.

The Fuze headphones should be here today.  I've got my earbuds and a separate microphone hooked up to my Android phone.  It's wonderful being able to make a call just using your voice to dial.  It's almost like having a Star Trek communicator in your helmet.   :D

GreenMachine

I starting riding in either 1970 or 1971.   Now I feel old.   Checked for gray hair.  Yep.   >:(

I hate you guys!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

TRex

I don't listen to music while I ride - but I do occasionally sing to myself lol :P I have a GoPro on the the front of my helmet for post ride shiggles though.