Main Menu

Ride the Goats! 8/10/13

Started by Mel, August 08, 2013, 03:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tahoebrian5

Sounds like it's just me and you Mel. Now we can keep a pace unobstructed by other green riders (pun intended) :evil1
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

GreenMachine

True.  I'd just hold you two up.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

Thanks for making the ride Brian! I'd have to say that was the most fun ride I've been on since I moved up here. It's nice to find someone that likes to run a very spirited, yet safe, pace  8)! Got to scrub in my Dunlop Q3's properly! Hope you liked some of the roads less traveled that we did. The only way it could have been better is if I didn't have that 1MPH tipover on that 180 uphill switcback...rookie move ;D! I'm still chuckling about that one! Can't wait for our next ride.

Mel

GreenMachine

Mel,

Did TB5 wear you out too?  He has a habit of doing that.  FZ-6 dropped?  Is it too bike of a bike for you??? :D
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

GM, the tip over was in the beginning of the ride and we picked up the pace after that :). I'm just an old man, but kept the pace to the end as Brian can attest ;). Awesome day!!!

Tahoebrian5

Thanks Mel for a great ride. I'm pleasantly beat up and definitely got my fill of wearing out my sliders and tire edges. Highlight of the trip was pleasant valley rode. What a hidden gem and I've ridden right by it counless times without a clue. The last blast up and down washington road was awesome as well. I almost blew the centerline and had use all my skill to keep the tires on the right side and then the 180 near the top I pushed the front dramatically. Just a testament to how hard I had to push it to see if I could even pull a gap on that pesky little FZ6! On the downhills not a chance!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal lobotomy." —Tom Waits

According to the latest survey, 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

Mel

Hey  Wiles,

Next time you need to come along! I think the 3 of us would have a great time 8)!

Mel

dub

Quote from: Tahoebrian5 on August 09, 2013, 12:31:07 PMHow'd it feel safety wise being in close quarters with other racers?

That's the best part.  Unlike a track day, you know the guy you are next to can handle a close pass without freaking out.

Quote from: Mel on August 12, 2013, 01:09:07 PM
Hey  Wiles,

Next time you need to come along! I think the 3 of us would have a great time 8)!

Mel

All I need is the time.  I'll post up next time I'm available for a goaty ride.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019