Main Menu

Roll Call - VC Lake Tahoe VC cruise (tentative until otherwise posted) 08/11/13

Started by GreenMachine, August 08, 2013, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Thats a tall order,  hope I can manage.  nice pics btw
Live long and prosper \V/

nvgixxer

2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

GreenMachine

Quote from: nvgixxer on August 13, 2013, 05:24:31 AM
The pics are cool, now awaiting the videos! :)

Are you always up so early?   :hangover  :drool

I could have started with the videos last night, but didn't.  ???  And if TB5 wants to go, I may go riding tonight.  Tomorrow's poker night, so that's out too.  Thursday could look promising.

I know how it is when the anticipation is killing you and the level of it is dependent on someone else.  :rant  I haven't even watched most of it, but I can tell you, it's going to be good.

Oh man!  I just made it that much harder for you to be patient.  Sorry.   :pieface

nvgixxer

You da man GM! Hey now, don't wear your tires out tonight. I'm all fired up to do Downieville with you guys this Sunday, if that's on the menu? That's always been one of my favorites. Where in heck is Pikes Road??

dub

Quote from: nvgixxer on August 13, 2013, 09:31:18 AMWhere in heck is Pikes Road??

Probably referring to Ridge Rd, in the vicinity of Pike, CA.  http://goo.gl/maps/WIUiZ  Unless GM plans on leading another Road I haven't been on yet.  The road from Camptonville to Pike seems like it might be fun, too. http://goo.gl/maps/ra178
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Mel

Wiles, you are right about it being Ridge Rd that heads up to Pike City. Up to the fire station and back is an awesome run. That road from Camptonville to Pike unfortunately is dirt, but holy shit check out Cal-Ida Mill Rd that turns into Brandy City Rd just west of Downieville off 49!! A run up that road to the reservoir and back would be sweet. I gotta get my ass up there and do that road, but continue on 25 NF Rd/Eureka Mine Rd which goes way the hell back in there. It's all paved and looks like a sweet goat road.

When I'm searching for roads on Google maps, I start on the map section first and then click on satellite when I find a road I want to check out. I will then zoom on down and then click off the labels so I have a clear view of the road to see if it is paved or dirt.

Unfortunately, I have a wedding over on the coast to go to this weekend, so won't be able to make the ride, dang it :(. Instead of doubling back after doing Ridge Rd, you guys should head down 49 to Pleasant Valley Rd to Bitney Springs Rd into Ruff n Ready Rd on into Grass Valley. You could then head home on 20 and hit Washington Rd on the way out 20. Either way hope you guys have a blast on the ride!

Mel

dub

Quote from: Mel on August 13, 2013, 11:18:39 AMThat road from Camptonville to Pike unfortunately is dirt,

Oh yeah, so it is.  I thought it was paved, but I guess I looked at the beginning of it before it turns into dirt.

GreenMachine

I've been meaning to do those roads for some time.  Guess I better get going if I'm going to get them in today.   ;D

dub

Quote from: Mel on August 13, 2013, 11:18:39 AMcheck out Cal-Ida Mill Rd that turns into Brandy City Rd just west of Downieville off 49!! A run up that road to the reservoir and back would be sweet. I gotta get my ass up there and do that road, but continue on 25 NF Rd/Eureka Mine Rd which goes way the hell back in there. It's all paved and looks like a sweet goat road.

That does look fun.

One of my "motorcycle goals" is to explore those forest service roads that zig and zag through the enormous expanses of forest service land between hwy 50 and hwy 80 and also between hwy 49 and Quincy/hwy 70.  

I just bought a GPS for the bike.  My ambition is to use google maps/google earth to find FS roads that make a big loop, or connect two well traveled roads, make a route, import it into the GPS then follow the track and see what happens.

Mel

Dude, I know some good ones between 50 and 80 8)! I'm an exploring fool when it comes to goat roads :).

Mel

GreenMachine

nvgixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 13, 2013, 06:48:42 PM
Me too.  There's Icehouse Rd, WWS, & MRR.   :D
I guess I should add MRR to my bucket list, but I hear tell the surface is rather uneven and bumpy most of the way? I'm a wuss, I like it SMOOTH and easy. ;D