Main Menu

Roll Call - VC Lake Tahoe VC cruise (tentative until otherwise posted) 08/11/13

Started by GreenMachine, August 08, 2013, 09:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

This is the thread to post to if you plan on attending.  See the ride schedule for more details.

Hope to see you out there!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RichVee4

Live long and prosper \V/

288RR

RichVee4

Thinking about the route this sunday I would like to make one suggestion.  If we went  clockwise around Tahoe it would get us through South Tahoe earlier in the day, traffic would be lighter, but the biggest benefit is that we would be on the lake side of the hwy.   This gives us the most scenic value since the lake would be on the right side of us so we can enjoy the views easier!!

Scheduled start 8:30am?   Early but gets us ahead of the crowds.

288RR

Well as its looking like i won't be able to make it tomorrow,  ill be out of town seeing my ne born niece

GreenMachine

Unless anyone has any objections to the scheduled 8:30 meet up, we can stick with that.

Rich, I'm game for whatever direction you'd like to go.  I think you're right about beating traffic going in that direction.  See y'all in the morning.  Maverik's at the round-about.  Same as always!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Good morning SSA!  Who's ready to ride today?

See you at the Maverik.

nvgixxer

What a great day it was. I got to renew an old friendship with GM and an added bonus was meeting Rick and his charming wife Monica. Those two are great riders and it was a pleasure to do VC, Six-mile Canyon and then Monitor Pass with the small group today. I'm really looking forward to riding with the SSA again real soon!

Jimbo 
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2012 Kawasaki ZX14R (sold)
2009 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2007 Suzuki GSXR1000 (totaled)
2005 Suzuki Hayabusa (sold)
2003 Suzuki GSXR1000 (sold)

RichVee4

Great ride today.  Thanks GM for letting me lead for awhile.   Adding Monitor pass was a treat, made up for taffic at Tahoe.   GM traffic opened up shortly after you turned aroud.   It was busy, but moving after that, lots of sunday drivers.  Tahoe City was backed up about 2 miles.  We continued to Incline then came back via mt rose.   

It was nice meeting you Jim and glad it worked out we could ride together, at least bring up the rear!!

GreenMachine

No problemo Jimbo.  You're quite the character, both on and off the bike.   :D

We did the loop into Tahoe, but oh man, was it ever crowded up there!!!  The line of cars leaving there on hwy 50 stretched from the 4-corners intersection near the lake, all the way West to the agricultural checkpoint.   :hiding  There was no way I was going to get stuck in anything like that mess. 

We stopped for lunch and told some funny and scary riding stories, then proceeded to go around the west side of the lake.  No sooner did the lanes merge into one in both directions before it was stop-n-go.  I rode it for a little bit thinking it would clear, but it didn't and my coolant temps started climbing.  I waved to the two of them that I was going back.  They acknowledged and pointed that they'd continue on north in traffic.  I think it was the right choice.  I didn't hit any traffic going along the east side of the lake, proceeded down Kingsbury, CC, then up VC truck route.  Not too bad.  Even leaving VC on the 341 side, traffic was light.

Great riding with y'all today.  I'll post of media here in a few hours once it's digested by my computer and Internet connection.

Jimbo today ==>  :dragbike

GreenMachine

Pictures posted.  Video will take some time.  There's a lot to get through.

Mel

RichVee4

Mel

Hey Richman,

I was wondering about that too and had to scroll all over the site and found them in the section of the forum called Regular Members, and then clicked on the one that says Private Content...SSA members share area.

Mel