Main Menu

Roll Call - Jerome's Annual Swim Ride 08/04/13

Started by GreenMachine, July 29, 2013, 09:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

I won't be leading this ride again this weekend, since I'll be at RFR the day before and probably fairly worn out from it all.

This is the thread to post to if you plan on going.  I doubt Jerome will break away from making babies long enough to dust off one of his bikes, so his participation is questionable.  It is a lot of fun regardless.  The water's generally clear and not too cold.  There are a couple rangers there selling water and the parking lot is guaranteed to be packed, which is why a motorcycle is a must.  There's parking at the bottom of the lot specifically for motorcycles.

Get a group of riders together and go.  When Jerome was active, we'd go into Nevada City afterwards for Mexican food.  The attitude was the more the merrier.   Traditions have to start somewhere, right?

Ride pace should be considered no more than C.  Make it a safe one!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Grey Goat

What time does everyone think they might be getting to the swim hole ... 11:00am or so?  If so, I'll  plan on meeting up around then.  Mex lunch afterwards sounds bueno, then a mellow scoot back on a full belly.

dub

That Mexican place in Nevada City is delicious.  I'll be at Thill this weekend.  Have fun all.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

Grey Goat

Awesome track, dub.  S-Car-Go loves T-Hill almost as much as Laguna (my fav since ~1972).  Never had a bike there, tho.  Have a safe weekend! 

Anyone else enjoying Jerome's Fav Ride, or will this be a solo swim for the Goat? 

Grey Goat

Did a solo today (no one else posted interest).  This was a perfect day for a ride, not may more high country rides like this before Fall descends.

89 out of Truckee was a bit chilly, but it felt good.  Did Gold Lake Rd 4 times (back & forth) between Bassett's Station & Graeagle ... sweet ... almost no traffic.  Air temps remained cool at elevation.   

There was some big bicycle thing going on in Downieville, the town was packed with peddlers, vendors, & enforcement.  The crowds thinned out within minutes after departing. 

Yuba was chilly at first, but hot temps at lower elevation balanced that first plunge.  No bikes in parking lot when I arrived, none when I departed.  Huge groups of Harleys headed up the canyon as I was riding to lunch in Nevada City.  Mex food was muy bueno. 

Returned 20 to 80.  More CA enforcement on east-bound 80 than I have seen in ages, 5-6 B&W cruisers playing hop-scotch pulling over hapless motorists.  Valentine 1 saved my bacon several times. 

Saw very few sportbikes all day.  Everyone must have been racing?

Returned to Reno in time for son's BBQ & rippn' home-brewed IPA. 

GreenMachine

I would have gone, but to say that I'm worn out is an understatement.   Went to bed early and slept in until 1:30 PM today.  I feel like I just completed a full Iron Man without training for it.  My whole body aches, but it feels good at the same time. 

You home brew IPA makes me want one.  If I ride with you next time, can I bum one off you?
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.