Main Menu

Tire Mounting in Reno?

Started by Mel, July 27, 2013, 05:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel

Hey guys,

I went out in the garage this afternoon to prep the bike for a ride tomorrow and found the rear tire flat with a nail in it :-[! I guess I can consider myself lucky that it went flat after I got back from my 370 mile ride on Thursday, and not somewhere south of Placerville:). The tires don't have a lot of life left in them, so am ordering up a set of Dunlop Q3's. My question to you guys is where is the best place in town to have tires mounted on the bike? I won't be bringing just the wheels in. I will be patching it just good enough to ride in to the shop. I'm looking for a shop that is good at tire mounting and not just using some young kid in training. Let's hear some suggestions guys!

Mel

RichVee4

Ive been happy with Ride or Race Moto Source in Reno, 4900 Mill St.  Had two tires installed last year for $15 each, that price is wheels off bike.  Another time I  purchased a tire there and they installed for free.  Other shops in town are closer to $25ea, unless you puchase through them.

They even installed the tire while I waited!
Live long and prosper \V/

GreenMachine

I've been happy with Ride or Race Moto Source in Reno, 4900 Mill St.  Had two truckloads of tires installed through them and they always do a good job.  Makes me feel good about supporting the local guy and they're a nice bunch.

They support the SSA too.  So next time ask for the SSA discount.   They can't discount service, but tires and parts get it.  They'll knock enough off to cover tax, give or take.  It all adds up.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Mel

Thanks guys, I appreciate it! It looks like Ride or Race Moto Source it is!

Mel

dub

Quote from: Richman on July 27, 2013, 07:28:30 PM
Ive been happy with Ride or Race Moto Source in Reno, 4900 Mill St.  Had two tires installed last year for $15 each, that price is wheels off bike.  Another time I  purchased a tire there and they installed for free.  Other shops in town are closer to $25ea, unless you puchase through them.

They even installed the tire while I waited!

I took two wheels, off the bike, and my tires to Moto Source just this last Saturday.  They charged me 22 per wheel.  :/

Mel, you should call Moto Source and get a price on the tires.  They will never be able to beat internet prices, but if they can discount them a little, and install them for free you may come about even.

And btw, the tech who installed my tires was indeed a young kid.  He did a fine job.  Operating a tire change machine isn't brain surgery.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

TRex

I've had my tires mounted at Reno Motorsports over by the GSR for $30/tire (wheel off the bike). Looks like I overpaid! lol They're nice guys though and they're usually done in ~15 minutes. No problems with the tires they've mounted for me.