Main Menu

Ride 7/6/2013?

Started by RocketRider, July 05, 2013, 08:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RocketRider

Finally got my machine back in one piece, need to go out and do more shake down runs! Anyone wanna go? I'm down for anything less than 100 mi! Post or message me :)
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

Thank you Apex-Speed and EBC Brakes for supporting our efforts to go faster!

GreenMachine

Under 100 miles doesn't leave a lot of options.  Or was that your subtle way of saying, let's ride the truck route?  :D

Post a time and place.  I could probably join your ride.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

Still not familiar with the area, I'm used to good riding being about 60-80 mi when doing A to B type things :). I wanted to hit geiger again because I'm getting comfy with it. I hear the truck route on the other side of VC is fun but a bit dirty? Then?

Say the gas station at the base of geiger by the turn out at.....1pm? Post lunch ride?
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

Please support my race team Rocket Pace Racing!https://www.facebook.com/RocketPaceRacing
We're accepting everything from Sponsors, to Facebook likes, to simple pats on the back :)

SinisterVendetta

I may join you, I could use the practice, my pace will be a bit slower, but that allows you to rest up while you wait for me  :P

288RR

I might be able to join,  ill have to see how im feeling. ( Spent to much time in the sun on the 4th,  back is burnt to a crisp). 

The truck route can be dirty at time, but does grab your tires very nicely.  I was up the a few weeks ago and it was good.

RocketRider

All riders and paces welcome of course!  :)

PS- lets amke that 1pm at the base of geiger/at the round-about gas station official
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

GreenMachine

Sorry, but I'm going to also take in a detour before I get there.  Have to have something BBQ'ed and tasty in VC before the ride.   :evil1

Meet you guys at 1 PM at the Maverick to do it all over again.  (Yeah, probably hanging around with TB5 a lot this season.  His 'I can't stop riding' bug has rubbed off on me).
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

RocketRider

Excellent ride! Good to meet you guys Green Machine and Sinister Vendetta. We'll have to ride again soon because I already forgot your real names  ;D.
Roads were pretty clean, traffic was minimal (except the usual Geiger downhill), and the roads were of course hot. See you all at the next one!
PIN IT TO WIN IT!

GreenMachine

Took two laps of the truck route after lunch and two more laps with today's group and one lap of Six Mile Canyon.

Had a great time riding with you guys today.  Thanks for posting up.  BBQ at the Jerky House in VC was perfect!  Not too hot.  Road conditions were pretty much ideal.  :thumbup  LEO was too preoccupied with a fast moving Mercedes Benz to concern himself with three C pace motorcyclists.  One of the advantages of being slow and abiding by the rules of the road; they hardly take notice.

SinisterVendetta

Great ride!  ;D figured if there was going to be a sheriff he'd be on the straightaway, traffic was moderate, 2 nice cagers used the turnouts, 4 others refused to yet were 15-20mph below speed limit, never ceases to amaze, looking fwd to the next one! Cheers,SV

288RR

Sounds like i missed out on a great ride today.