Main Menu

Stonyford Dirt Trip Nov 10-15

Started by Lisa, October 30, 2009, 08:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisa

I do an annual camp/dirt bike trip to Stonyford, CA for my birthday

The more the merrier! 
I'll be heading out of Reno on the 10th.
Turn out is an average of 45...

Where is Stonyord? Well... about 10 miles before Thunderhill on I-5, take the Maxwell exit... here's a google link to the site: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&source=embed&msa=0&msid=101867875705497694171.0004594c89b915596412c&ll=39.317234,-122.709174&spn=0.005204,0.011362&z=17

NOTE: Most of the access route is single lane with the last 4.5 miles being dirt and gravel.

Camping details:  "Mill Valley" There is no charge for camping this time of year. The site will not have water but will have toilets. There is space for RVs and we will be in a great location for lots of good riding trails.

Bike details: this is in the Mendocino National Forest.  Bikes need to have sparks arrestors and current tags. You can pick up non-resident stickers from your local shop. Yes, the rangers will come and check. Yes, they write tickets.

The riding here could not be better - Lots of something for everyone, from fire roads to single tracks thru the woods. Bring plenty of fresh water, food, fuel, firewood and warm clothes. There is a store/gas station but its not close.

Please call or email to let me know that you are coming so I can arrange to reserve a space, drive together, or meet up. I am anticipating people to come on/off through out the week.

See you there

Lisa 775-762-8681

"The purpose of life is to Live it, to Taste experience to the utmost, to Reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer Experience" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Justin

that sounds like such a fun time!  How long have you been doing the trip?

Lisa

I think 2001 was the first year. I started in Hollister, Ca but the group became so large we needed a bigger, less crowded facility. I believe 2003 was the first year in Stonyford.  I may be wrong... you know it all starts to blur together when you get old...

You coming?
"The purpose of life is to Live it, to Taste experience to the utmost, to Reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer Experience" ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Yard Sale

I need a warm place to sleep. Or I need to borrow a tent.

Lisa

I got a tent (I think)
I will look this evening and let you know