Main Menu

Trackday pre-inspection lookover

Started by GreenMachine, August 17, 2010, 09:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

We'll see smart guy!    

Dean said he's going both days, so I can share his sun shade and ride as many sessions as fuel levels will allow.  I'm thinking of taking advantage of the suspension setup too.  I'll be riding to and from RFR, then a little on RFR.  ;D

[edit]: Thanks Youngster for the race tech inspection, the water wetter, the distilled water, tools, the tire pressure tips, and all the offers for assistance.  I'm going to owe so many people for all the help.  Qwik, thanks for offering the lift and Dean for offering additional shade.

It looks like it's a go then.  Looking forward to all the GoPro footage from the other bikes and mine.  I'll probably be ripping off hundreds of still shots on the digital, if anyone wants me to do some camera work for those in A/B groups.

...yeah, I'm getting a little excited about it now.  It's hard not to with everyone excited themselves and for me.  The encouragement and assistance is appreciated.  8)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

A DRAGON

Green Machine ;D ;D  I'm so excited for you.  Your going to have the best day on your bike ever. I need to bring my camera to capture that smile that's going to be on your face after the track sinks into your blood. 

I do recommend trailer'in your bike to the track. Your going to be dog ass tired at the end of the day. It'll be nice to go home in a car when your done. I don't know if I'll have room for your bike in my truck. But hopefully some one would be able to help you out. If you can get it ready by Friday I can get it to the track. I'll take it to Andy's in Fallon and he'll bring it to the track for you.   Let me know ;D ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

GreenMachine

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

sparkygixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 17, 2010, 05:34:20 PM
...yeah, I'm getting a little excited about it now.  It's hard not to with everyone excited themselves and for me.  The encouragement and assistance is appreciated.  8)

ahhhh yeah buddy.  Fun fun fun  ;D ;D ;D 

Qwik

See ya  Friday night Green Machine. Im glad I could talk you into throwing your bike in my trailer  ;D 
Chicken strips so big KFC is after my recipe.

GreenMachine

Quote from: Qwik on August 18, 2010, 07:44:21 PM
See ya  Friday night Green Machine. Im glad I could talk you into throwing your bike in my trailer  ;D 
I'm wondering if I should bring a 5g gas container for each of us so we can run reduced fuel loads.  At 6 lbs./gallon it adds up.  I know I could run 18 lbs lighter for each session.  What do you think?  Alberto did this a number of years ago to improve handling and performance.  His lap times were awesome, up to his last one.  :P

A DRAGON

Green Machine. You will probably need a extra 5 gals. of gas for each day you run. That's generally the norm. I've been with people who only fill their tanks 1/2 way. Just for that reason.  Personally. It's just more things for me to worry about. So I don't. But if you think you want to do it. You should try it.

The mind controls the body ;)

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Quote from: Qwik on August 18, 2010, 07:44:21 PM
Holly Toledo, Batman!!  Qwik's got it all covered for me.  All I need to do is show up, ride and feed myself.

A DRAGON

Scarlett at the track has hot food. She is so nice. I can't resist buying from her every track day. You should try the pulled pork and Garlic fries.  Yum, Yum :P :P   Just make sure you bring lots of water. We'll have plenty at registration if anyone needs it.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750