Main Menu

Dave Moss Suspension seminar at RFR

Started by A DRAGON, July 10, 2010, 08:28:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

Spoke with Dave Moss earlier to see if he's still interested in his suspension seminar at RFR. From the way it sounds we'll probably do it along with one of our 3 weekends left. He's going over the dates to see what date works best for him. Were looking at a cost of between $75.00 and $100.00 extra to your track day.  We'll need at least 8 people to get this done.

Let me know if your interested in being one of these people. I need 7 more because I'm in  I'll keep updating as we go:
1. Jerome Segar
2. Ed
3.Brad
4.Eric
5.James Carney
6.Paul Lampron

Please remember this class will take place on Friday Oct. 8th
[/b]
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

karneybo

Carney

edmunsan

MOTOISM my desease from wich there is no cure.

oldBolt

I could use the opportunity to understand this better, I would do it but what prerequisites do we need, like tools, bike stand, etc?

"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Justino

Quote from: oldBolt on July 12, 2010, 01:50:46 PM
...I would do it but what prerequisites do we need, like tools, bike stand, etc?

The willingness to learn black magic
Dave Moss is either a magician or a warlock
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

A DRAGON

Maybe August 21st. or the weekend in Oct. I'm hoping he can come in August even if he can't do the school.

Ed and Brad. I hope I did right by putting you down. I'll ask him stands. But I really don't think so. He did say he only has room for 8 people. So that's all he's taking.  Ed or Brad let me know if I need to take you off the list.

Brad I really think this would be something we all could really use. At least we'd have an Idea of what were looking at. I'm really stoked about this.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

oldBolt

QuoteI'm really stoked about this.
I agree, keep me on the list, this calls for new tires!
Same guy?
Dave Moss Suspension 

"I have inhaled, exhaled everything." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Adiggity

Quote from: oldBolt on July 13, 2010, 06:09:10 PM
QuoteI'm really stoked about this.
Same guy?
Dave Moss Suspension 

Yes that is the same guy. This guy really is amazing. Saying it doesn't give him near the credit he deserves. He is one of the best in the country. He worked with Celtic Racing when Chaz Davies was racing with them and multiple other pros. He has crazy experience in what he does. Not only that he is truly a great guy too. From the beginner rider to the experienced racer, you could learn something from this guy. If you've ever wanted to understand more about suspension, this is your chance to learn from one of the best. He doesn't come to the Reno area often. You guys should really take advantage of this.  8)

mean green 79

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 10, 2010, 08:28:01 PM
Spoke with Dave Moss earlier to see if he's still interested in his suspension seminar at RFR. From the way it sounds we'll probably do it along with one of our 3 weekends left. He's going over the dates to see what date works best for him. Were looking at a cost of between $75.00 and $100.00 extra to your track day.  We'll need at least 8 people to get this done.

Let me know if your interested in being one of these people. I need 7 more because I'm in  I'll keep updating as we go:
1. Jerome Segar
2. Ed
3.Brad
4.Eric (mean green 79)

A DRAGON

OK Eric I got you down. People only 4 spots left.   Dave said they'll have to be 1/2 sessions. So there will be a lot of riding that day. I'll have to combine the groups. A group and B group. If you are  a C group rider on that day. I think I know of a way to make it safe for you.  Don't be afraid to sign up.  Justin Mentioned to me about putting a large X on the back of helmets of those who need more room. I think that would work.  If you have any more suggestions please put them up.  ;D ;D
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

karneybo

Carney

Justino

Quote from: A DRAGON on July 14, 2010, 02:28:13 PM
Justin Mentioned to me about putting a large X on the back of helmets of those who need more room. I think that would work.  
It was this Justin(o) with that suggestion.  I'd recommend offering it to anyone who desires increased consideration when being passed ESPECIALLY when you combine skill levers.   I'd get duct tape in two or three colors.   Most people have it in silver, so get it in white or bright orange and you'll have all the helmet colors covered with an easily recognizable mark.

Sometimes I have good ideas.   Other times I'm...  ;D ;D ;D

Thread jacking... sorry.
Andy's right.  words don't do Dave justice.
Saying Dave Moss is amazing, like Ben Spies is a awesome.
 They're the only words we have :(
Riding on the street is a lot like living with your parents.

karneybo

Ok J some dont forget,  humm wahts was I gonna ask......  oh yeah whens dave gonna be for his suspension seminar so I can't forget agian.
Carney

A DRAGON

probably our last weekend in October. The cost will be between  $80.00 and $100.00.

But he will be here on the 21 and 22 of August for he track day.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

Dave Moss from Catalyst Reaction will be attending the 8/20 and 21 weekend SSA event at RFR. He will be offering suspension support at $20 for a one time set up and $40 for all morning long to work with you and provide continual suspension analysis and change to get the bike to work for you and your riding style. He will be available from 7.30am until the riders meeting and will stay through 5pm on Saturday, but has to leave by 1pm on Sunday to be at Thunderhill Sunday evening.

Dave will be holding a brief suspension seminar at lunchtime on Saturday and Sunday to introduce some basic concepts and present his growing and highly successful suspension school to see if there is any interest in putting that school on for the October SSA RFR event. More information on the school can be found here:

http://www.crstuning.com/suspension_school.html

http://www.onthethrottle.com/howto/motorcycle-suspension-tuning-school-by-dave-moss/

The cost for the school will be $80 per person, maximum 10 riders. There's a lot of homework and preparation to do prior to the school that will take you an hour or so, and all that prep has to be done before you get to the track. You will set up in the hot pit lane, bike (front and rear stands allowed if using tire warmers) only with tools needed on the wall.

If you have any questions about the school, you can email Dave directly:_ dave@crstuning.com

Also note that if you know riders that have not had their street, sport touring, dirt or dual sport bike set up, get them to the track any time after 2pm on Saturday so they can get the benefit of Dave's help in having a much safer bike to ride no matter what terrain they cover!

This is an e-mail I received from Dave Moss. This is pretty for us at RFR. Were going to have a real nice event.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750