Main Menu

Aug 21 & Aug 22 SSA Track Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), July 05, 2010, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenMachine

That sucked about your nail and day shortening experience.  The local guy I rode in with Saturday, Qwik, brought take-offs and offered them in case either of us cut a tire.  I lost track of how many sessions we rode, but I'm REALLY tired today.  Enjoy your stay in Reno tonight.

If you're ever in town during riding season, the SSA raffles off one 2-for-1 RFR Track Day certificate at Tuesday Bike Nights, hosted by La Vecchia Ristorante.  Stop by, win free stuff, and enjoy some really good food and company.  You can gamble afterwards.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

n10sive

Quote from: GreenMachine on August 21, 2010, 07:34:27 PM
:D
Late to the party, but better late then never.  Good seeing you again n10sive!

Was good seeing you again too GM. Glad to see you out there having a good time and doing well!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

dub

Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

sparkygixxer

:'( :'( I guess my bike was camera shy  :-\ :-\

lol  ;) unlike me...haha

sparkygixxer

Great way to wrap up the weekend with all you can eat Sushi.  Very Nice!  Two items on the menu were caught by Adiggity and Regina.

GM made an appearance

A long roll after my own heart...you'll know it when you see it  ;)

GreenMachine

Soooo, you ate me up on the track and afterwards?  That's kinda kicking a guy when he's down, don't you think?  :-\  :D

Trinie, I can't remember what I ate for dinner in Garberville let alone what you ate, but I'll guess the Spicy Ben Franklin.  You're most definitely spicy, so that's my guess!

Dub, cool sunset photos.  I updated them in Photoshop and added them to the race weekend gallery.

It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: n10sive on August 22, 2010, 08:07:35 PM

Was good seeing you again too GM. Glad to see you out there having a good time and doing well!

I must have had a good time.  My tires have never looked so abused.  The back tires are easy to scour to their edges just riding on the street, but they've never been this torn up before.  Jumping off Hoot-n-holler may have something to do with it.  I've never had my fronts scrubbed completely to their sides neither.  Bye-bye Mr. directional arrow!

Team Gorgonzola

Yeah GM, now you're rollin'. It was a great weekend, Sunday was a "cool" 85 degrees and a lite breeze. "A" group was bit more crowded than Saturday with very fast guys; aka Jay, Justin, Eddie, and Steve. I was passed almost simultaneously by Eddie on the inside and Justin on the outside in turn one....it was grand, those guys are sooo god I just love been passed by them ;D. Hang out most of the day with Peter and Ryan and had a great time chasing them all day. I want to thank everyone that helped putting the weekend together, Andy for working the grid/tech/instruction; Trinie and Paul: tech/monitors; Jerome and Regina registration/breakfast; Dale, John, Rick: monitors; Eddie, Steve, Justin: instructing, Terry the flagmaster and all the corner workers; and everyone else I am forgetting. I had the best trackday ever and can't wait for the next one  ;)
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Johnny b

Sorry about shorting everyones session. Glad my poor passing decision didn't hurt anyone but me. Broke my collar bone in four places so I see a orthopedic on Thursday. Thanks Treni for helping me with my leathers, sorry about the smell. Thanks Jason for the water. Steve, thanks for constantly being there and holding my hand. Kinse, you pact my car better than I do, thanks!. Hoon, what bet did you lose to have to be locked in the car with me? Great to learn about you and your family, beauty, like the truth, is not always pretty or easy but there is no better reward; and it sounds like you and your wife are strong enough to create real beauty. Eddie see what you created, I tried to keep my agressivness in check with my skill. This was the leason I learned this weekend. I now have my track motto,  "Don't let agressiveness exceed your skill"   Your all great guys, I'll see you when!
                                                                                                 Johnny B.- :P

n10sive

sorry you crashed John. But don't apologize. It happens. I tried to push it up a bit too once and crashed. I knew where my limits where then and what to work on.

Hope to see you back on another one soon...shoulder permitting.

Take care!
Dale

Adiggity

Yes I agree with Dale John. Don't beat yourself up man. Take what you can from it to learn from and become better. Just think itf you'd had to learn that lesson on the street! Could've been a lot worse. Crashing is the quickest way to learn your limits. Heal up quick man!

A DRAGON

John. Sorry I didn't get the chance to see you after your crash. I was in the admin. office most of that afternoon. Danny and John were asking me to have take the ambulance ride. They were sure the collar bone was broken and didn't want you there much longer.

I remember our conversion earlier. I told them you were alright. Not in so much shock as they thought.  I told them about your past. It was funny. They both said  "OOOOHHHHHHH   I didn't know that about him. He's probably alright then. He knows what he's doing."  I was figuring you could still ski down to the lodge.

I spoke with the corner worker who so you go over the bars. He said it was so kool. You held it for so long then. Bam over you went and right on your head and shoulder at the same time. It looked like MotoGP. He said.

Johnny b. Make sure you come to bike night if you feel up to it. It's one of the best parts of the Track. Everyone it there. If you don't feel up to it we understand. But it sure would be nice to see you. ;D ;D

And Remember this is what you get when you play hard. Just like everything else you do.

In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

Me and Youngster going into the sunset straight. (click picture for slideshow)

youngster775

Dale, I love it!  ;D ;D ;D
GOOD TIMES!
I also, would like to thank everyone that showed up this weekend to make it a awesome track day! everyone did such a great job. thanks to Andy I shaved a TON of time off, thanks to Justin for showing my wife how to go fast on a honda, so many thanks I'm just gonna put it here, THANKS!!! ;)
2006 R1-50th,2004 R6 trackbike,2005 GSXR-600,2001 ZX6 trackbike,2005 YZ-250F

POSER 511

HAD ANOTHER GREAT TIME YOU GUYS PUT A LOT INTO THESE TRAKDAYS HAVING DAVE MOSS THERE WAS AWSOME THAT GUY ROCKS TO THE TIRE GUY WHO  HOOKED ME UP ON SWAPPING A TIRE AND SPL WHO WAS GOING TO GIVE ME A SCREAMING DEAL ON SOME CLIP ON'S IF ONLY MY FORKS WHERE 50mm. MY SON HAD A GREAT TIME HE  CANT WAIT TO GET OUT THERE HIM SELF. SO THANKS TO EVERY ONE. HAVE TO SHARE THIS PIC. HE WAS LOVIN IT.