Main Menu

Aug 21 & Aug 22 SSA Track Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), July 05, 2010, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suckerpunch

Quote from: n10sive on August 20, 2010, 11:01:51 PM
u actually going to put down some laps? I was under the impression you were spectating from earlier posts. I you are putting down some laps, I would be more than happy to show you the layout and lines. At any rate, I'll be there saturday and sunday. Camping out Saturday. You know what I look like now (old and fat) so look me up. I'll have a GMC 2500HD, white trailer and blue ez-up. If I'm not out, a yellow SV will be parked out front.

oh..and truck route and 6 mile canyon road makes 50 a little less boring :)

no, still only watching. Just meant once im there, I have no idea where to go? I want to know the best spot to see the most action.
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)*****(@)

1999 TL1000R

Suckerpunch

Quote from: A DRAGON on August 20, 2010, 11:22:23 PM
Quote from: Suckerpunch on August 20, 2010, 10:01:22 PM
Quote from: n10sive on August 20, 2010, 09:44:04 PM
Quote from: Suckerpunch on August 20, 2010, 09:26:35 PM
I will be riding up from CC Sun morning. Anyone want to ride with me to RFR? Ill be going through Reno to get there. Time is unknown. Im open...

why would you go thru Reno to get there from Carson? Just go Hwy 50 out to 95A and take a left. It's only about 8 miles from there. Much easier drive than going all the way up to reno and across...and shorter! :)

I just love to ride. Hwy 50 is really boring too. Going through Reno is just a bit more fun. Besides it would be nice to find someone to ride along with to show me the ropes. It will be my first time to RFR for a track day.

Call me on Sunday at 6am. I'll be leaving my house around that time. I'll meet you and you can follow me to RFR. ;D ;D
Thanks for the offer. Ill take it. PM me your number ad ill meet you at 6am if you'd like? Or just post a time to meet here on this thread and ill show.
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)*****(@)

1999 TL1000R

Captain

Hello.  I am from Sacramento, I have ridden with SSA on the Ice House ride.  I was thinking of going to Reno tomorrow (Sun, 8/22) to attend RFR.  I know this is last minute, is it too late?  I found out how much and how I register, I found the time schedule and directions.

It looks like there is only "A - Advanced", is it ok to register if I feel like I am "B"?

I just found this: "After 3:00 PM Friday you will have to register at the track and pay the day-of-event price."  What is the day-of-event price?

Thanks,
Char

Team Gorgonzola

Hello captain, I believe the price is $ 150 or $ 160. I was there today and had great riding fun.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

CptnHornblower

I had a great time today. Many thanks to n10sive and Alberto for towing me around and showing me the line before I ran anyone off the track. About the only thing that would make the day better would be dinner at La Vecchia!
Earnest Hemingway : There are only 3 sports, Bullfighting, Motor Racing and Mountain climbing. All the rest are games.

Captain

Quote from: Team Gorgonzola on August 21, 2010, 06:09:33 PM
Hello captain, I believe the price is $ 150 or $ 160. I was there today and had great riding fun.

kk, thx!  I will be there!  ;)

I made reservations at Circus Circus for Sunday night, so I will see you guys Sunday.

GreenMachine

:D

Got my arse beat by a bunch of newbs in B group, but still managed to have a good time, stay under control, learn a little bit about what the bike will and won't do, chased Qwik and Dean all over the place and enjoy everybody's company.  Thanks everybody and especially Qwik for letting me hang out at his deluxe pad today.  Man am I beat!

Here are two pictures of Qwik from today.  One of us setting up for the day and another of the sh*t eating grin on his face.  We all enjoyed that last double A/B 40 minute session.

Thanks too to A Dragon and Trinie for allowing me to move up to B group.  C group was a fun too, from the standpoint I could walk off.  B was more fun because I got to ride with the people I know.   Arthur6 was there and was riding with us, Wiles and Trinie made me feel like I was in the fast lane going slow, and at the end of the day, I was disappointed only that it was about over...thus me being the last off the track.

Now the work begins on the SSA/RFR Track Day compilation.
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

GreenMachine

Quote from: n10sive on August 21, 2010, 05:19:43 AM
*yawn*

*scratches butt*

Mornin'

*sips coffee*

IT'S TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S RIDE!!!!

:D
Late to the party, but better late then never.  Good seeing you again n10sive!
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: CptnHornblower on August 21, 2010, 07:17:12 PM
I had a great time today. Many thanks to n10sive and Alberto for towing me around and showing me the line before I ran anyone off the track. About the only thing that would make the day better would be dinner at La Vecchia!

Thanks Bruce you are a classy guy, and by the way you were railing out there, outstanding for a RFRT first timer.
Look forward to more riding together in the future.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Team Gorgonzola

"Thanks too to A Dragon and Trinie for allowing me to move up to B group.  C group was a fun too, from the standpoint I could walk off.  B was more fun because I got to ride with the people I know.   Arthur6 was there and was riding with us, Wiles and Trinie made me feel like I was in the fast lane going slow, and at the end of the day, I was disappointed only that it was about over...thus me being the last off the track.

Now the work begins on the SSA/RFR Track Day compilation. "

Hate to say it but....I told you so ;D
-Hunter S. Thompson-

Rick Bay (BRA)

I'm leaving San Francisco right now! 10:09PM

See you guys there.

A DRAGON

GM. Excellent job today. So happy you finally came out. It was a pleasure seeing you and that beautiful Kawasaki machine today. You rode at your pace and where you felt comfortable.  That's you number one priority. And you brought it home safely.    I knew you would still be one of the last ones riding.

No charge for the extra sessions. We never charge for group jumping. If we have the numbers to allow it your in for Free.  It's our Track Day and we can do what ever we want.  Looking out for our members and customers are what were all about.

Can't wait to see your pic's
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

A DRAGON

Look at these clowns Chill'in

GM Looks like your knowing how sweet riding the track is. Just sitting with friends and watching all the fast guys go by. The sound is so erotic.  The only bad part to that is. enjoy it while you can. Because before you know it. Your one of those fast guys. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

I'm somewhat surprised I didn't wad the old girl on my first experience.  It seemed that we all must have been pushing the limits somewhat, b/c everyone was feeling the same way at the end of the day...whether or not to push it in the last sessions and risk it.  I ran faster speeds earlier in the day before the wind picked up and more conservative but faster lap times later in the day even with the wind.  All in all, very pleased with the results.  I'm glad the day was mostly incident free and I truly learned what the bike can give and what it cannot.  That experience should make me a better safer rider and that's what I will take from my first Track Day.

As for being one of the fast guys, I looked at my lap times, the fact that I was lifting the front wheel out of corners as it was and leaving rubber (what I'm told) out of corners, the difference between me and the faster guys I rode with as technique & power.  There's was better.  So until I can get my technique perfected, I'll just have to be satisfied with being a slow B... or a really fast C.   :D

Captain

Thanks for a great track day!  My first time at RFR was a good one, with the exception of discovering a nail in my rear tire.  After learning this, I decided to call it quits after 4 sessions.  I was just getting familiar with the track, but I feel good about my progress for the day.

I really appreciate everybody's helpful, knowledgeable and supportive nature.  Both from the instructors as well as the riders.  I will definitely be coming back to RFR in the future without a nail in one of my tires to continue where I left off.

Char