Main Menu

Aug 21 & Aug 22 SSA Track Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), July 05, 2010, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n10sive

JP! Was finally nice to meet you in real life too! You're a good guy. Your riding got way better as the day progressed!

Hope to see you again some time.

BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

A DRAGON

DALE THANK YOU!!!!!!

Brian with SPL your the greatest. Changing my tires on the SV. Those Pirelli's are my favorites. Thanks again for always making your self available to us on our Track Days.

Steve you and your 2wcp are irreplaceable. Thanks for all your time and effort. You do some much for the SSA. Thanks for having parts for all our sorry forgetful A$$es. Your always doing all you can to help out everyone around you.   Big fat Thank You from the SSA. 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

Rand

Man, I wish I could have made it happen last weekend.  It was just a weekend where other priorities and family obligations had to take precedence.

I really do need to get out and ride with you all.  Hopefully a day is coming up in September.  I promise, I'll try to make that one.  Reading all these posts makes me realize the special times I'm missing with the club.

I do get to ride at Thunderhill, this weekend.  That will be good.  I'm still trying to get myself back in the groove.  My last day was really good and satisfying.

Adiggity

Right on Rand. I understand how life can take precedence. Hopefully we'll see you out there next month. Have fun at Thill.  :)

Team Gorgonzola

Dale, that picture rocks, great body position and ready to go real fast ;)!!!!!!!!!!
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

n10sive

Thanks Alberto. I still have some body position work to do but I'm finally starting to feel it :)

A DRAGON

Keep it up Dale and you'll be passing me like everyone else.  All that is about to change.
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

GreenMachine

Dear SSA,
Kudos to what I took away from my first Track Day.  :thanks

I went for a ride to Downieville tonight and it was like an out of body experience, like someone else was riding my bike.  Many of my lines and braking points were different and it felt more natural and comfortable riding differently.  I was more relaxed and a lot more in harmony with the bike.   

It's hard to describe accurately, except to say that I was riding my normal cruising speed and it felt REALLY slow! A noticeable improvement that I wasn't expecting. 
Amazed! :egyptian
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

Adiggity

Nice Green Machine. It makes me happy to hear that. That is what it's all about.  8)

n10sive

I always tell people that doing a track day will help you be more comfortable on the street.

Team Gorgonzola

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 02, 2010, 01:06:11 AM
Dear SSA,
Kudos to what I took away from my first Track Day.  :thanks

I went for a ride to Downieville tonight and it was like an out of body experience, like someone else was riding my bike.  Many of my lines and braking points were different and it felt more natural and comfortable riding differently.  I was more relaxed and a lot more in harmony with the bike.    

It's hard to describe accurately, except to say that I was riding my normal cruising speed and it felt REALLY slow! A noticeable improvement that I wasn't expecting.  
Amazed! :egyptian

Couldn't have put it better  :xactly
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

GreenMachine

You all said so and as stubborn as I am, I was skeptical and not looking to improve or go any faster.  You were right.

Humbled.  :|)
It's about taking in the most corners to your destination, not about the shortest, quickest route.

dub

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 02, 2010, 01:06:11 AM...I was riding my normal cruising speed and it felt REALLY slow! ...

There's the catch.
Thanks to Sidi|Motion Pro|Vortex|Carters|Shoei for the support in 2019

sparkygixxer

Quote from: GreenMachine on September 02, 2010, 02:38:26 PM
You all said so and as stubborn as I am, I was skeptical and not looking to improve or go any faster.  You were right.

Humbled.  :|)

Wish I could have been there to see your face and watch the gears turn as you were thinking all of this!   ;) ;D

A DRAGON

:champion     Very happy like everyone else. So glad you can see that.  Your an excellent Rider Green Machine.  Now you'll be better.. It's funny how the roads that were so challenging get so straight after you do track days..  Good for you GM. :surrender :dragbike
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750