Main Menu

Aug 21 & Aug 22 SSA Track Days

Started by Rick Bay (BRA), July 05, 2010, 08:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A DRAGON

Scott you guys look awesome.

Thanks to all the SSA Staff who helped out. You guys really made the event happen. Thanks for all your patience and willingness to help.

Eddie your the one of the best. Thanks for being an instructor.
Steve you and kinzie are pretty good. We're lucky to have you both. Thanks for helping

Trinnie, Andy, Johnny, John, Tom, Brad, Scott and Daniela you guys were great. I so happy I can count on all of you.

Russell Welcome to the crew. 

If I missed anyone like Paul no disrespect intended. You to Kim. James and Amber 
In Garage:
ZX9R
Aprillia RSV 1000
SV-650
GSXR-750

n10sive

hmmm...I guess Jerome is still pissed at me for covering up his pillow fight girls LOL

Poser...I guess it was your son who brought over the leathers for the military guys. Thanks so much for that! The kid who wore them I have known since he was 5 and it was his first track day. His mom even came out to experience her first track day as a spectator. She was pretty nervous. I rode with him and he did really good. Again, thanks for bringing out gear for these guys!!!
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

POSER 511

dale it was my pleasure to let him use my leathers any time i can help out just let me know.
ssa is the best.

Rick Bay (BRA)

I just got back in San Francisco. After an unforgivable "Sushi Meeting" after the track day last night I stayed at my sister house in Tahoe.

Long drive to go, long drive to come back. Everything is worth for sure.

I had another great day at the Track. It was nice to see everybody again.

I’d like to say thanks to Chip for changing his track day from Saturday to Sunday just to ride with me. Thanks Dave for setting my suspension just perfectly to my weight and skills. Finally I met my Brazilian friend JP. Pleasure to meet you Dude. We had a lot of fun together on the track!

Thanks Paul, Andy, Mikey, Steve, Regina, Alberto and Scott for the ramp. Nice to see you Dale.

Jerome… Thanks Very Much for your patience and hard work for this club. I can not explain how much I was grateful yesterday, starting at the morning till we left from the sushi place. You’re a giant brave person!!!

I'm looking foward for the next time. I’m going to request off on my job just to be at RFR again next month.

Such a great time……

sparkygixxer

Quote from: Johnny b on August 23, 2010, 12:10:55 PM
  Your all great guys, I'll see you when!
                                                                                                 Johnny B.- :P

In case you didn't see some of these...thought you'd enjoy seeing you and your buddy Dean whoopin it up.

sparkygixxer

What group was she in?  Must have been a fast A rider because I never saw the speeds she was going with those wheels.

Team Gorgonzola

By the way, Dale thanks for looking after our bikes it made me feel safe to know you would be there watching them. You da men.
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

n10sive

was my pleasure Alberto. With my snoring, people would have thought there was a bear in my trailer so they wouldn't dare get close! LOL
BMW R1200RT, 03 636 Track Bike

dragxs11

GM..."Got my arse beat by a bunch of newbs in B group, but still managed to have a good time"

Not all of us were newbs.  I spent the day in B working with my friend Derek on his raven R6.  SPL's Pirelli slicks and what little help I could offer had us both running A group times by end of day.  I'm proud of him!

Team Gorgonzola

Moving on up  ;D That's excellent!!
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube.
-Hunter S. Thompson-

cobra23

:D

Woo Hoo....

Fly from Wenatchee to Reno to see you guys (ok really to see Mrs. Ted) ride from the house to the track with the wife, and the XR....in the dirt through the desert!!

Half a lap around the track on the XR 600 and Knobby tires to help replace a dead radio on turn 15  ...Priceless!!!

Then on to the hills for a thirty mile ride with mrs. Ted on her quad and the XR...

What a weekend!!

Jp_Rio

THANKS TO ALL!

There is so much I would like to say here that i'll have to hold myself back, otherwise nobody would be willing to read by so long it would be.

Making it short...
Thanks to Alberto for helping me out on taking my bike to and back from the track and "allowing" me to go to the Sushi  :D I really appreciate that my friend. Thank you!

Thanks to Dale for looking after our bikes on Saturday night. Was nice to finally meet you and my bad about the "bumbling" football tackle at the end...  ;D

Thanks to all SSA guys that made this event another outstanding trackday! You guys rock! Everybody with the green "hard to see" t-shirt, Ya da best!

Nice finally meeting the faster brazilian from the group and I can say that I am the second fast one!  ;D ;D Was a pleasure meeting you also and thanks for the ride home!
Also meet Dub (Wiles). Great rider and funny guy!

Couldn't forget to mention Trinie that helped me out inside and outside the track! Thanks
As I said, so many names, but be sure that I appreciate all the effort that is put into it and am blessed to have you guys around!

And John, i hope you recover fast so we can make some more videos on the next track days. I'll edit it and post it on youtube and let you know! Take care buddy!

And last, as allways, can't wait for the next one... 8)
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!

Adiggity

Quote from: POSER 511 on August 23, 2010, 06:57:02 PM
HAD ANOTHER GREAT TIME YOU GUYS PUT A LOT INTO THESE TRAKDAYS HAVING DAVE MOSS THERE WAS AWSOME THAT GUY ROCKS TO THE TIRE GUY WHO  HOOKED ME UP ON SWAPPING A TIRE AND SPL WHO WAS GOING TO GIVE ME A SCREAMING DEAL ON SOME CLIP ON'S IF ONLY MY FORKS WHERE 50mm. MY SON HAD A GREAT TIME HE  CANT WAIT TO GET OUT THERE HIM SELF. SO THANKS TO EVERY ONE. HAVE TO SHARE THIS PIC. HE WAS LOVIN IT.

:D Now that is a cool pic! That is definitely one for the family album! I had a great time with all of you. Sorry I couldn't get to everyone for a little on track guidance. I wanted to help each and every person on the track but there's just not enough time for one man.  :) Then with my Sunday getting cut short because the poor Kawi just couldn't handle any more abuse it really took away from my opportunity to help y'all. We'll get you next time. JP, you get most improved award for me on the weekend. Your rolling man. Paul, you will be under that 3 minutes in no time. Just focus on the riding my man. Don't worry so much about that clock. Thanks to all who helped out with sighting laps and instructing and all of the other things that go along with putting these together. Regina, your job is a tough one, thankless and you do it so well. Hey Dale! Since Jerome forgot you, I won't, thanks to you too!  :) You were there whenever we needed anything that we couldn't cover. And also for looking after our stuff we left overnight. Much appreciated. Great job SSA! Looking forward to the next one.  ;D

Adiggity

Oh, and also thanks to Dave Moss for coming out. It's really great to have a suspension guy of that caliber out there at your disposal. His services are priceless and he only charges $40 for all day. That is a steal!

While we're on the subject, can't forget to mention how nice it is having tire services out there from SPL and Pirelli. Those tires kick a$$. As far as I'm concerned, those Pirelli's are the best tires on the market. Thanks Brian & crew.

Also 2WCP. How nice is it to have all those little things to keep your trackday going or just make it better that you may not have or have forgotten to bring with you. Your a life saver for many I'm sure. Thanks to Steve and your crew too.  8)

Jp_Rio

Quote from: Adiggity on August 24, 2010, 01:35:05 PM
JP, you get most improved award for me on the weekend. Your rolling man.

:D :D Thanks my mentor, thanks. I tried putting everything you've told me last time together this weekend and was happy with the outcome. Still a loooot to go tho, but "all in its due time", right? And thanks again for going out there with me and giving me all this priceless feedbacks. That's the type of thing that neither Master Card could pay for...  :D :D
Thanks to Steve also that followed me for a couple of laps (or minutes - not quite sure when he showed up back there) and gave me some good advices as well. It's all in my mind guys. Stuff that I wont forget.
What?? Trackday?? I'm in!!!